Five

"Good morning, sleepy" Aiden says as I slowly open my eyes. I check the time and see I barely woke up in time for my meds. I groaned.

Aiden was sitting by me with a shirt on this time. Maybe he slept with one or changed before I woke up. Either way, I'm grateful.

I'm so happy it's Monday because that means Calliope isn't home until 4:00 from middle school. I get to get my pills and throw them out, or not even pretend that I do.

"You aren't escaping them" he teased handing me the pills and water.

I huffed and glared at him. "I hate you" I said.

"Just drink them fast and we'll watch a movie to take your mind off of it" he said.

"Okay" I gulped all four pills quickly and immediately collapsed on my bed.

"You did it, Athena!" Says Aiden, waving my arms around like they are dancing. I slap his arms away.

"Are we going to watch that movie?" I asked, chuckling.

"Yes, let's watch this one" he says pointing to a action movie.

***

A knock came at my door about half-way through the fourth movie we were watching, as we decided to watch a few more.

Mom slowly opened the door.

I moved Aidens hand off my waist and sat up. "Hey, mom. What's up?" I asked.

She wasn't looking at me. She smiled widely. "Aiden, I didn't know you were here" she says.

He yawned, stretching his arms. "We were just watching some movies, Mrs. Russo" he explains, motioning to the t.v on my wall.

"It's okay" she smiled at him then turned to me. "Athena, you have a visitor" she says.

I felt my heartbeat in my fingertips. "I-I don't want to talk to anyone" I looked at Aiden.

"Come on, Athena just see who it is. It can't be bad" he says.

I sigh. "Fine, let him or her in" I say in a small voice. A man with a scar across his left cheek walks in, he was bald and was wearing all black.

***

"Tie her up, Matthew"

"My pleasure" he said, pressing a dagger against my back.

I tried to kick him.

"Nice try, little girl. Do you want another play-date with my dagger?" He asked chuckling.

***

"You" I say, pointing to him.

"Athena, I come in peace. I just want to talk" he raises both hands. He walked towards me. I pushed myself back and got close to Aiden. I looked at him, scared.

"You are Matthew" I said.

"Yes, as I said I Come he-" he started.

I screamed.

"Get out! Get him out! He came back for me! I told you all!" I started to sob.

He walked closer to me.

"I'm sorry for what I did, Michael was b-"

"You have no excuse for what you did! You should be locked up! You caused this!" I signaled around me.

"I have nightmares, I'm agoraphobic, I'm homeschooled, I don't have friends, I'm not a normal teenager because of what you and my own father did to me!" I screamed.

"I come here to tell you th-"

"SHUT UP!"

"He's dead, Athena!"

I felt my head lighten. This was a dream.

"GET OUT!" I screamed. I got up and started punching his chest.

I felt a pair of arms pull me back gently. Aiden.

"I'm not done" I say.

I look towards my mother "Why did you let him in?" I whisper.

"H-he is sorry and I thought you'd want to know" she said, looking down.

"I don't care" I collapsed on the ground and more tears started to roll down my cheeks.

" I'm sorry" she whispered.

"It's okay just don't bring him back, ever" I say.

I hear a door shut and I turn to Aiden, sobbing in his shoulder.

"He's dead, Aiden" I say.

"See? You're safe now" he reassured me.

"You don't understand, he isn't alone. They will come back for me. Matthew and the others" I sob.

"I won't let that happen to you" he promised, squeezing my shoulder.

I pulled back and looked at him. I looked at his deep blue eyes and the small subtle smattering of freckles on his cheeks. We seemed to be getting closer until the space between us seemed charged with electricity. He put his hand on my cheek softly, as if I might break.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"I don't know, but it feels right" he whispered back.

We got closer and I started to close my eyes and then Calliope burst into my room, making me and Aiden spring apart.

"Woah! Oh God I'm sorry!" She screamed, covering her eyes and backing out of the room quickly.

The spell seemed broken. I looked at Aiden and giggled at Calliope's reaction to that. Whatever it was.

"What even was that?" I asked chuckling.

"Give me a break, Athena. Haven't you been kissed before?" He groaned, burying his face in his hands.

"No" i bit my lip, looking down.

He peeked at me. "Really?" He asked in disbelief. "But you're beautiful" he said.

I felt heat creep into my cheeks. "I've been agoraphobic since I was seven. Ten years ago" I explained.

"I still don't understand why exactly" he frowned.

"Maybe you should. Maybe it's time you know my story" I say.

***

A/N: Okay THATS it!!! I feel like things are going to fast though. Let me know in the comments

italian-blossom