Four

I slowly opened my eyes and moved my neck. A rush of pain came through it. I quickly turned my head and saw an arm.

An arm?!

I sat up straight and a shirtless Aiden moved in his sleep. Then the memories from last night came back to me. I don't remember him being shirtless...

He rubbed his eyes and slowly opened them. "Morning" he said yawning.

"Y-you're still here" I stuttered.

"Of course I am, Athena" he said rolling his eyes.

"I thought you'd stay until I fell asleep and leave" I said looking down.

"And risk you waking up again? No, i wouldn't" he said sternly.

"I'm sorry I'm annoying" I laughed.

"No, Not at all. You just seemed in so much pain and I would've done anything to make it stop" he said.

I blushed. "Thank you. Did you come in here shirtless...?" I asked carefully.

"Oh, yes. I always sleep like this but you caught me off guard. Didn't exactly have time to change" he chuckled.

"I feel so guilty" I buried my face in my hands.

He sat up "It's fine Athena, I don't mind really" he said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at my phone. "Oh, it's almost ten!" I exclaimed.

"Early for me" he muttered.

"No, you don't understand. I haven't slept this late in years!" I smiled. "And also my sister always comes in to bring me my medication so you should hide" I added.

As if on cue, Calliope comes up the stairs. "Hide!" I whisper-yell.

He widens his eyes and quickly gets under my bed. Calliope knocks on my door. "Come in" i say.

She opens the door and brings me a small cup with my four pills and a bottle of water. "You are up late" she smiled at me.

I chuckled lightly. For a twelve year old, Calliope was really mature. She had brown hair like my but her eyes were green, like my mother's. I inherited brown hair and eyes from my father and Calliope got her eyes but not my mother's dirty blond hair.

"A one in a million chance" I said.

"Let me know if you need anything" she lightly kissed my cheek and trailed off, talking at her phone as soon as she was on the other side.

"Ashley? Yeah, I was just doing something. So what did Heather do again?"

As you could see, Calliope was not homeschooled.

I breathed a sigh of relief and Aiden crawled back from under my bed.

"What are all those boxes doing under the bed?" He asked, chuckling.

"N-nothing important" I lie, scratching my neck.

"Anyways, drink up" he motioned to my pills.

I shook my head and got up, taking the pills to the bathroom. He followed me. Aiden grabs my arm.

"Hey, you're supposed to drink them not throw them away" he scolded.

***
"Drink this, princess" he said giving me a pill. "It will help with your 'owie'"

I hesitated but drank it. I felt nauseous and I held my throat. I threw up on the floor and was immediately pulled back and tied. I started crying.