Eight

A/N: Hello you guys! Just wanted to say thank you so much for reading my story, honestly!

*

"Ouch, quit it Athena" hissed Aiden when I pinched him for the third time in the last five minutes.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently "I'm not doing anything"

"Yes you are. You keep pinching me and I'm trying to sleep" he whined

"Then go to your house" I say

"I'd never leave the damsel in distress!" He says triumphantly.

"Yikes, sorry 'Prince Charming'" I say, making quotation marks.

"I'm not a prince" he frowned "I'm a knight!"

I've had enough.

"Shhhh" I say, widening my eyes "It's Calliope" I lied. She wasn't coming up the stairs, I just wanted him to shut up.

"Oh, okay" he whispered, wide eyed.

"Pretend to sleep, just in case" I whispered back.

He nodded and pulled me by the waist to his chest.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-yelled

"I'm pretending to sleep" he says

"Not like that!" I hissed

"I always sleep like this with a damsel in arms" he said, back to his 'knight' voice.

"Just shush, she's coming up the stairs" I lied.

Bickering back and forth we eventually went to sleep...

*

"Why, hello Leonard" he sneered into the phone

"WHERE IS SHE?" He screamed from the other side of the line "I WANT MY DAUGHTER BACK!"

He shook his head. "She is not your blood, Leo when will you learn" he said "She'll have to get a marking, from her real father" he smirked.

He edged towards me, knife in hand.

"Please M-Micheal, don't" I pleaded, tears streaming down my face.

"Dad!" He corrected "I am your father, and I'm doing this only because I love you princess" he says.

Searing pain ran across my left arm.

*
I awoke screaming and crying. My arm, I touched it where the scar was. Wordlessly, a pair of arms pulled me and I yelped.

"Get off me!" I say, turning.

Then I realize it is Aiden, half-asleep with messed up hair. I felt my shoulders slump and I fell back onto my pillow. When he pulled me again to him, I didn't object.

"You okay now?" He asked, his voice sleepy.

My heart lurched. Huh?

"Y-yeah I guess" I stuttered.

"You're safe here with me, understand?" He says.

"I know it's just in the moment" I say, still shaking. I was still grabbing my arm, rubbing the scar.

Then he took me by surprise by kissing my forehead. Warmth spread all over my body and my stomach felt funny. Like going down a roll-a-coaster hill.

"Good night, Athena" he whispered.

"Night" I replied, shocked.

*

A/N: Ugh, I know it's short but I wanted to write before going to sleep! Tomorrow I've got an important day at school and I'm nervous... Wish me luck!

Italian-blossom