Singing Talent # 4

Singing Talent # 4

Leon Sings "She only loves me when I'm there" ~Ball Park Music

Leon, Cynthia, Hannah- 15

Holly- 15 1/2

I don't own this song :) This one does swear once or twice, sorry younger readers :(

"Guildford, Guildford
Holy mother of hell and Jesus
In the architraves
Waiting, waiting
Comes to take all my misery away
At least for now...
Kelvin ghetto homie figure we can work it out..." Leon sang, his tenor voice a bit rusty but in good shape. After the whole Hannah thing, he needed something help release his emotions, and singing was a good way of doing it.

"It must be 5 years ago now
Skulking home one public holiday
Eighteen, eighteen, baby brains
I got the nervous twitching algorithms
Right beneath the trees
Yeah I half expect her knuckles now to bring me to my knees," He sulked, his face pinched into an annoyed frown, he had indeed met Hannah five years ago, but he didn't develop a crush on her until he was thirteen and a half, so two years for crushing on her. Had to be one of the worst decisions in his life.

"Ah, If she wants this to be
She'll have to see the things that I have had to see
But maybe she would know
Maybe she would care!
She only loves me when I'm there!" He was walking to school completely alone, his sister hadn't joined him yet and no doubt Cynthia was still miffed about him beating her in basketball yesterday. He rolled his eyes when he caught sight of the wind division girl who had tied a blind fold over his eyes that only Holly and Cynthia managed to get off him. Hannah had been partially using him, getting strategies for the soccer and basketball games so her team would win, only Cynthia's creativity saved the Thunder team from being utterly creamed by the wind team this season. He stuffed his hands into his pockets, still singing the lyrics in a soft tone under his breath.

"It must be five years ago now
My trimester public holiday
Eighteen crack these oysters open,
She can be forgiven but she doesn't go away.
"Yeah, I see her on the bus, man, see her every day," Leon spotted his sister jogging over to him, her green eyes gleaming with amusement, 'something must've tickled her funny bone.' He thought miserably, his frown deepening at the thought, but he kept singing under his breath, barely audible.

"Oh, if she wants this to be
She'll have to see the things that I have had to see!
And maybe she would know!
Maybe she would care!
She only loves me when I'm there!" He nearly jumped when his friend Cynthia popped out from behind him after playfully pushing him forward, blue eyes twinkling with amusement and happiness. He couldn't resist it, his lips twitched into a smile and she moved to continue chatting with his sister. He studied her, still singing. He hadn't really been paying much attention to her lately, instead, preferring to sulk and be mad at himself. Now that he was actually taking the time to look at her he was surprised to see she was just as pretty as Hannah or his sister, of course, Holly was in her own little section where he as a protective brother was worried about how much attention she got because of how pretty she was, even he had to admit that at least.

But Cynthia had always been one of his friends who was extremely patient with his mistakes and had a major crush on him, she was good at hiding it most of the time, but there was the occasional slip up where he'd say something and she'd blush or she'd stare at him after a game while everyone was still in their uniforms. Overall though it was easy to forget and she didn't push anything on him, seemingly content being a close friend of his who was nearly always over at his house or got special treatment on a lot of things. Right now though he wasn't looking at that, he was curious why he hadn't noticed anything before hand, she was tall, probably just a hair under eye level with him while Holly only reached his nose. Thin, probably from all the sports, he knew she did, she did more than he did! She had a spray of partially faint freckles that went across her nose and cheekbones, wrinkling slightly as she grinned at Holly and bopped her playfully for something or other, and unlike both Hannah or Holly, she had a small amount of visible muscle, again, probably from all the sports she did. Affection for his friend pushed away his dreary attitude and an idea popped into his head.

"I don't want to live like this anymore, kid,
I don't want to live like this anymore!" 'One, two, three, four.' With a movement that surprised even himself, he looped one arm around his friend's waist, pulled her to him and kissed her. Lucky for them Holly was farther up ahead. He felt Cynthia freeze and stiffen before relaxing against the contact, allowing it with no questions asked. He saw Hannah out of the corner of his eye and finished the song in his head, closing his eyes and indulging in the warm kiss with his best friend, who he knew, had like Hannah, had a crush on him. But Cynthia was different, she didn't push him or ask for anything, she let him do what he wanted without him having to think about everything and be on his toes all the time.

"She only loves me when I'm there!
She only loves me when I'm there!
Nervous twitching algorithms
Right beneath the trees,

Yeah, I half expect her knuckles now to bring me to my knees...' Leon pulled away from Cynthia to find her blue eyes twinkling with shock and affection, he felt slight pride in the fact she seemed pleasantly dazed and giggly, a few giggles escaping her mouth. With a wide grin, he grasped her by the wrist and pulled her along towards Holly, an excited and happy spring in his step, "Holly! We're going to be late!" He laughed to his sister as he and Cynthia shot past her, Cynthia laughing with him as he pulled her along.

"What?!" Holly raced after them, "I knew I shouldn't have helped Jay this morning!"