Chapter 17 - Childhood Enemies

AUTHOR'S NOTE!*

Please don't hesitate to comment on the story! I'm really iffy on everything going on the story because there's no feedback from the readers. So if you can, take the 10 seconds to post a comment saying what you think about it, it'll help SUPER A LOT! :D I PROMISE!

P.S.  I mention Zane in here. If you forgot, he is the current Alpha, Alec's dad. ALSO, I am NOT a One Direction fan! I didn't even know that was one of their names, although it's not spelled the same. I shudder every time I hear it now.

Anywayyyy, here's the next chapter little dumplings!

Chapter 17

Amaya's POV

Everything seems like it's going back to normal. I've been spending some time with Alec, Cal, and Laila, and I'm glad to say that I'm... Happy. But sometimes, I feel as if my temper gets the best of me. I often find myself trembling with rage, my wolf threatening to come out at the littlest things. I didn't have this bad of a temper before... Did I? I shook my head to clear my thoughts, vowing that today was going to be a good day and we were going to make the best of it. My little gang of friends and I were going to the lake to go tubing with Zane's boat, and I was bursting with excitement.

"Are you ready yeeeeeet?" Laila whined from my bed. I stepped out of my bathroom in my light blue bikini and grabbed a towel to leave.

"Come on you baby. I only took like, five minutes." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Well it felt like fifty. Cute swim suit by the way. " She said with a grin. I shrugged, it was nothing special. Just a plain, blue halter bikini with a little bow in the middle of the top. It was simple yet cute. Laila's, on the other hand, was absolutely adorable. It was an orange and white floral print, and the bottoms had a little frill going around it. 

She grabbed her towel and we jogged down the stairs, ready for our beach day. When we got out to the driveway, Alec and Callum were already there so we just continued walking to Alec's car. I couldn't help but notice that right once Alec seen Laila, he didn't take his eyes off her. His eyes shone compassion, which left me extremely confused. They aren't... No, that's ridiculous. I shook my head as Callum hopped in the car, me mimicking his movements and getting into the back seat. 

"You excited to get whipped off the tube?" Cal questioned me devilishly once we were on the road, driving the short distance to the beach.

"Like hell I'll fall off. I call driving the boat when Cal is on the tube." I said to everyone in the car with a  smirk. Alec shrugged and Callum scoffed, making Laila giggle. 

Once we arrived at the packed beach, we all got out of the car and headed to the boat garage. Since Zane owns pretty much everything on our territory, including the beach, he built a boat garage for his astonishing collection. We walked inside and instantly I heard the familiar water lapping against the boats, creating a hollow echoing sound on the hull. 

"Which one?" Alec questioned. 

"Kawasaki!" I yelled the same time as Callum yelled 'Yamaha'. I turned to glare at him.

"Dude, the Yamaha is so much better." He argued. I opened my mouth to shout an insult to his choice of boat, but Alec cut me off.

"Laila, which one?" He questioned, all out heads snapping to her. Her eyes widened and she started fidgeting with her fingers. 

"Um... I don't know..." She said with a nervous chuckle.

"COME ON LAILA, KAWASAKI!" I yelled, causing her to jump from my sudden outburst.

"Amaya! Shut up!" Alec scolded while giving me a pointed look. I smiled and turned to look at Laila, boring my eyes into hers intimidatingly.

"The um... Kawasaki." She said unsurely.