vii

Sorn
9:16 PM

This guy knows this place well, at least.

I don't know what I'm doing with a stranger who almost died in my hands. Maybe I'm afraid he would go back and really end his life.

He let me inside the bistro first. He pulled the chair out for me. This stranger might just be a gentleman, after all.

"Order anything you want." He said confidently.

I gave him a look. "You won't make us wash dishes after this, right?"

"Have a little faith on me. I have money."

I rolled my eyes. "The irony of you asking me to have a little faith in you."

"Well, isn't that why you saved me from dying?" He asked.

I stopped and stared at him thoughtfully. His dyed blond hair is a mess yet he's... actually pretty good looking. I cleared my throat and focused on the menu without answering.

I pointed at the most expensive food there and raised my eyebrow at him. "I want this," I said, then to the drinks. "And three bottles of this."

"Three?" He asked, wide eyed. "Are you planning to get drunk?"

"Then, two."

He shook his head and ordered our food. While we waited, I turned my attention to the bistro. There are white string lights hanging on the ceiling, but aside from that, it's tropical themed. The walls designed with bamboos, the plants stood on every corner of the place. There's a corner where a pretty woman was singing.

I looked at the guy in front of me and he was staring with so much sadness in his eyes to that woman.

"Perhaps," I said. "Is she your ex? Did she leave you, so now, you wanted to kill yourself? Should I go there and smack her for you?" I asked.

He looked at me and his lips curved up into a wide smile followed by a laugh. "What? No, no."

"Then, why did you do it?"

His smile faded quickly. "I knew you would ask."

I shrugged. "I knew I would ask."

He leaned closer against the table. "Before I tell you, don't you think you should tell me your name first?"

"Why would you need my name? Just remember me as the angel who saved you."

"An angel huh?"

"Hero? Or, knight in shining armor?"

He chuckled. "I'm Hwitaek." He extended his hand across the table. The hand I held so tight on earlier.

I grasped it again and shook it. "Sorn."

We held each other's gaze and he smiled. I didn't think I would smile today, but I did anyway.