ix

Sorn
10:01 PM

Hwitaek's jaw dropped. "Seriously?" He asked in disbelief.

"I was wishing I would get hit by a car or a falling meteor. I wasn't going to do it myself."

"And that makes it better?"

"You're the one who almost fell off a bridge."

He sighed and poured some more beer. "I guess." He said and poured some on my glass too.

"Are you a student?" I asked, changing the topic.

"No," he replied. "I'm a celebrity."

I chuckled, then laughed. "You're kidding."

"I was a musician."

"No, you're not."

"I was, though."

I looked into his eyes filled with sadnessㅡand truth. I shrugged nonchalantly. "Well, I don't watch TV at all and I'm not updated about the celebrity gossips."

"Don't worry, I'm not popular. But if you just keep an eye on it, there might be articles about me soon."

"I'll check out your music some time then. What's your celebrity name?"

He shook his head. "No, don't. It doesn't matter anymore."

"Or you're lying to me."

"Aish! No, really. I just don't want to look back to that life anymore. It's over." His voice trembled at the last sentence.

"Okay."

"What about you? Are you a student?"

"Yeah."

"Aren't you suppose to stay here?"

"Yeah," I replied. "But I was planning to stop and go home."

And at that moment, we became two strangers who answer each other's questions yet leave out the actual answers to the Whys.