xviii

Hwitaek
1:32 AM

"Let me make this clear," I told Sorn in the tone she used to me just earlier. "I almost killed myself tonight. I got stabbed because of you, and escaped the hospital. And now you want me to dance with all my broken bones?" I asked her.

She grinned and downed a shot from the bar. "Then, I'll dance for you." She said and started jumping and bouncing while throwing her hands in the air, and then she did this chicken dance that I was laughing so hard at how crazy she looked while dancing in a nightclub with that backpack and casual attire that I forgot that was my old band playing the music. Her long hair made this swish swish side to side. She came closer to me and took my hand, still dancing. "Hey, Hwitaek-ssi, dance like it's the last night of your life."

"I want to. Really." I said as she twirled under my hand. "I'm a great dancer, I swear, but moving so much isn't my thing at the moment."

She stopped and looked at me, catching her breath. "Is that so?"

I began bouncing my head slowly. "But I can try." I said and I knew it was a stupid idea, but then Sorn smiled and somehow, it was worth it. I want to keep making her smile tonight because when I first had a good look on her face, I thought there was no way those lips would curve into a smile like the one she has now. Like she's really having the night of her life.

I did a zombie dance and she immediately copies me. I did a pop-and-lock and I was going to regret it again but her eyes were so wide in astonishment. "Woah, Hwitaek!"

I didn't realize how much I was smiling too until my eyes caught the stage where my old band was playing and Jaeyoon was looking at me as if he wanted to break some more bones in my body.