xxv

Sorn
2:59 AM

We've left the noraebang because our time has run out. Hwitaek and I stopped by a convenience store to get some instant coffee. I feel so much lighter now that I told someone about what's been eating me inside. Bonus: He didn't laugh at me. He didn't think of my life as a joke.

"I," He said as we walked side by side. "I was supposed to play guitar and be the main vocalist of the band."

"Whoa, seriously, what can't you do?"

"Both now."

"What! Why?"

"See, tonight is not the first time I almost died. During my trainee period, I got into this car accident with my bandmates but for some reason, I was the only one who got my wrist twisted. They had to perform a surgery quickly and after that, they just told me they're sorry but I can't play guitar anymore. So, our agency and my bandmates consoled me by saying it was alright, that I still have my voice to rely on." He chuckled humorlessly. "I guess it's not really for me."

"I'm sorry life is being such a brat to you. I wish I could do something."

He smiled. "There you are again! You are doing something, okay? You are turning my worst night to the best one."

I bit my lip and smiled. "Okay, here's the question, if you could do anything you want right now, what would it be?"

We have reached the bridge where we first met. Both of us stopped walking and faced each other. Hwitaek looked at me. He looked at me like there was something in me worth looking at. And then he did the thing guys do in romance fiction where they tuck strands of the girl's hair behind her ear while giving her the softest look there ever was. His lips broke into this meaningful, beautiful smile as he shook his head. "You wouldn't want to know."

Somehow, I managed to find my voice. "Try me."

"Sorn," He said, swallowing. His eyes traveled all over my face and finally fixed on my lips. "I want to kiss you. That's what I want to do right now."