Chapter Seven: Mermories Of The Past

Previously:

The ship had taken too many hits and we were plummeting towards the shore.

Before we hit the ground everything went black.

Now:

When we awoke we were in a wood build cage in some sort of camp.

I sighed, "Well better time than any, right Fox?" He nodded and I looked at Zay who already knew what I wanted and was walking over to the others waiting for me to explain.

"Alright, I'm afraid none of us have been entirely honest about our past with you all. I feel guilty about acting as if we were all fine, the thing is, in the past year we've all lost so much. Zayne, Leo, and I used to be a group of four.... our teammate, Antoinette, though not dead is in a coma."

Zay put his hand on my shoulder as I continued. "Luckily Zayne here has a semblance that can help. He has the power to share his memories with you all. He can look into others memories of our experiences too, he has a full recollection of what happened. The only catch is you'll feel all the emotions we felt in these memories."

Hermione spoke up first, "How do we access these memories?" Leo rolled his eyes, "She was getting to that-" I cut him off quickly. "Well there are a few ways, in order for him to see your memories he has to touch your foreheads, by that logic he's able to share memories by you touching his forehead."

The four nodded, though hesitant. Before putting their hands on Zayne's head.

Hermione's POV

*flashback*

When I opened my eyes I was in a dark alley, I felt scared, alone, cold. One of my eyes was covered, I was seeing things through Zayne's eyes... where was he?

I could hear crying and turned around to see a young girl with bear ears, it was Sorren, but as a little girl.

They lived on the streets? She started speaking "P-please don't hurt me." Zayne shook his head. "Let's stick together." He spoke without pauses.

I saw a flash again before I was in front of two men. I was still seeing things threw Zayne. One of the men had messy black hair and red eyes, he had a little stubble and a lazy look on his face. Somehow I knew his name was Qrow Branwin.

The other was a man with neat blond hair, he had brownish-golden eyes. He had a calm, fatherly vibe to him. His name was Tai Xiao Long.

Qrow spoke, "let me get this right, you two want to enroll at Signal, but you don't have any family or previous education?" A voice beside me spoke, "Yes. We would need somewhere to stay, but we want to help protect humanity."

I looked over to see Sorren, she was still very young, maybe 12 or 13, her hair was in two pony tails and she had on a white flowing sun dress.

I looked back at Qrow and nodded, he sighed. "Alright. You two can enroll. I'll be your guardian, that means you both get to share the spare room. You're lucky I have a soft spot for kids with black or brown hair." (A\N: Remember Ruby and Yang have/had these hair colors.)

I saw a white flash and was suddenly on a stage.

There was a man in front of us with strange glasses and grey hair, the headmaster of Beacon Academy, Ozpin.

He spoke as faces appeared on a wall. "Honey Sorrel, Antoinette Hare, Zayne Mayfair, Leo Phoenix. You four retrieved the Black Knight pieces. From now on you will work together to form team HAZL. Lead by, Honey Sorrel."