Chapter 7

"Good job, guys!" Ashton clapped.

"Guys, you rocked it!" Luke smiled.

"Thank you!" I wiped off the sweat from my forehead.

"You guys want to stay, maybe for dinner?" Ashton set down his headphones.

The bands glanced at me as I glanced back at them.

"Sure, why not?" I smiled.

Everyone cheered and headed out of the basement.

I picked up my bass. I sat down on a stool across the room and turned around so I didn't face the doorway.

I started strumming until I felt comfortable.

I started to play Harlem by New Politics, I started humming along to it, until I felt the urge to sing it.

I sang it pretty softly, afraid someone would come down and judge my voice.

No one has heard my voice by itself except my band, and I plan to keep it that way. Usually Liv sings and I'm back up or Nick sings and Liv and I are back ups.

I got to the end of the song, when I felt like I was being watched.

I turned to see Ashton, Luke, Michael, Calum, Nick, Reilly, and Liv standing right behind me.

Oh crap.

"Umm.." I was startled. I wanted to just run out of the house, but I couldn't.

"That was amazing." Luke's eyes widened.

"I didn't know you guys were listening!" I shook my head, putting my bass in its case.

"But that was great!" Ashton told me, picking my bass up and handing it to me.

"Stella, do you know how well you sing?" Calum gave me a music sheet.

On the top of the sheet, it read Heartbreak Girl.

Liv knew this was a sign. She grabbed Michael's arm and pulled him upstairs. Reilly looked hurt, but he raced up after them, followed by Nick, Ash, and Luke.

"Play this." Calum instructed.

"But-"

"You can do it!" He protested.

"Fine, but you sing vocals?"

"For the first time I will." He smiled down at me.

So I took a breath and I nodded.

I began to play, when Calum sat down next to me and began singing. His voice drifted me off into a whole other planet. He stared at me while he sang and when I'd look down shyly, he'd giggle like a little kid.

It went on like this for about 2 minutes, everything was going well, until he stopped singing.

I looked up, still playing.

"I really want you to sing now." He said grabbing his bass.

"Ugh Calum." I sighed.

"If you're going to be famous, the fans have to know who they're listening to." He did have a point there.

"Fine! Fine!" I repeated. "But can I sing a different song?"

"Sure what song?" He shuffled his music papers.

"On Our Way by the Royal Concept!" I smiled, setting down my bass.

"I don't know that one..." Calum shyly looked down.

"I'll sing and play bass if you watch and listen." I suggested, pulling my bass out again.

"Sounds good." He put his in his lap as he turned his stool to face me.

"Okay, count me off." I smiled looking down.

"3..2..-" He pointed to me telling me to start.

"... Pull me close, we're losing time."

"... Pull me close, we're falling to the ground."

That ended the song. I searched Calum's reaction, only to see him starring at me.

"You're amazing." He pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks, but can we eat? I'm starving!"

I moaned from his shoulder.

"Yeah come on." He smiled.

"Well, you two songbirds are late for dinner!" Ashton squealed.

"Sorry! We literally just heard her voice, give it time, Ash!" Calum complained.

"Yeah just eat!" Ashton pointed down at the spaghetti.

After the meal, we all went out to the back.

"You have a pool, too?" Nick sat at the edge of it and dipped his feet in.

"Yeah, you guys should come and swim sometime!" Luke sat down next to Nick.

"Yeah, Liv, swimming, right?" Michael slyly smirked.

"In your dreams Clifford!" She laughed.

"How'd you know?!" He sarcastically yelled.

"She's mine, bro." Reilly stood near Liv.

Here he goes again, being overly protective.

"Wait, so you are dating him?" Michael asked disappointed.

"No, I'm single..." Liv sighed under her breath.

Michael took Reilly over to the side of the pool.

"Hey if you like her, tell her. Or I could." Michael whispered before walking towards Liv.

All of a sudden, Reilly grabbed Michael and turned him around.

"She's mine!" Reilly stood up to Michael. Just then, Liv went over to tell Reilly to back off, when Reilly grabbed Michael and tried to push him in, only to push Liv in instead.

We all were so shocked. I ran over to the pool's edge to help her out, only to be pushed in by Michael who was trying to fight off Reilly.

You could hear them cursing and muttering things under their breath.

Ashton and Nick tried to get the boys to break up their brawl before it got too physical. Luke and Calum came over to the pool and helped Liv and I out.

I could tell we weren't going to be coming back anytime soon.