part nine

"Google! Get your ass in here right now!" I hear Wilford scream from his workshop and immediately flinch.

What did I do this time?

I cautiously made my way to his workshop and stood by the doorway. The man looked towards me with a firey stare that made me shiver in fear.

Wilford's clothes and skin were covered in oil splatters, as usual since he always worked with it. His hair was like a birds nest and he had tired eyes from not being able to sleep the night before.

"What did you do to Spo?" Wilford growled and I gave him a questioning look.

"I'm afraid I don't understand master."

"Well get it through your thick, metal skull! You broke him!" Wilford boomed and pointed to the steampunk owl.

The creature looked no different from when I last saw it. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Until it began to hop on the desk, one of its claws was missing a single, tiny screw that made it fall limp.

I turned pale as I realised what he meant. I had come in to do some cleaning up the night before. I was very careful not to damage Anything. Until that stupid bird tried to dig it's claws into my shoulder.

We both were mutual enemies, I'm not exactly sure why though.

The bird always tries to get me in trouble in hopes that Wilford with finally beat me until I cannot function anymore.

But I can't fight back. Because if I Did, thay meant Spo won and I'd just be destroyed metal in a dump somewhere.

While I was cleaning up, Spo swooped in from behind me and sunk his claws into my shoulder, tearing the metal and a few other components inside.

I unfortunately could do nothing, just stand by and take to beating while still trying to clean up.

It must've damaged itself from how hard it broke into my shoulder, causing the screw to fall out. That was entirely it's fault, but Wilford would never see it that way.

"I-I just came in t-to clean up last n-night and it attacked me," I replied meekly as he stood from his work chair.

Spo cried out in disagreement, looking up at Wilford with devastated and innocent eyes. All fake. We were like siblings. Spo being the wrong doer but seemed to cover it up and look like the innocent one. Which made me, the actual innocent one, look guilty.

Wilford looked from Spo to me, seeming at a crossroad.

"Show me," he muttered as he rubbed the owl's feathers affectionately.

"Pardon?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Show me where he attacked You," he stated simply and I swallowed nervously.

"I-... I already healed myself," I muttered as I look down, making Spo's aliby look more believable.

"How dare you blame what you did on Spo," Wilford growled and faced me, beginning to stalk my way.

"N-no! I didn't do anything master, I swear," I tried defending as I began to stepped backwards.

Wilford was having none of it and walked towards me, looking like he was ready to murder me.

I stumbled over the arm of the couch and fell down onto it. I stared up at the furious man staring down at me, looking like a deer in the headlights.

He pulled me up by my hair, making me wince.

Wilford threw me to the floor, so hard that it made a dent in both my arm and tiles beneath me.

I covered my head with my arms and prepared myself for the blows to come.

I felt him stamp his foot down on my ankle, making me cry out in pain as the joint was now shattered. Another kick to the calf.

He began to kick into my stomach multiple times, each blow harder than the last.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Spo perched up on the couch, getting the best angle of the show.

I scowled towards the creature before being brought back to reality as a fist beat down on the side of my head.

I screamed loudly as my vision blurred and I had messages popping up by my eyes that said there was an error detected in my system.

"St-op!" I yelled, my voice malfunctioning in the middle of it. His beat down didn't cease as he began to kick at my spine.

I'm losing consciousness quickly, not being able to scream anymore but just let out weird robotic noises.

I suddenly feel the beatings stop, hearing a distant shout from Wilford and a shriek from Spo.

I lose consciousness for a second as I hear the shouts of what sounds like two other people.

I can barely open my eyelids as I feel a hand shake my shoulder and a muffled voice speak to me desperately.

All I could see were two blurry figures in front of me, both having green blobs on the top of their heads before everything faded to black and feel my system fail.

'Shutting down'

                       ~~~