Chapter 2

No matter how optimistic Beam was at that time, he couldn't manage to wake the man up. God! He was mesmerized by this man. He was like a Greek god.

He actually had never liked anyone even before, and he couldn't even imagine that the first person he got to like was a man.

Beam was really shocked, and unconsciously parted his lips upon realizing his feelings towards the man.

He wanted to step back and turned the other way, but his feet were frozen to where he was standing. He couldn't move. What was happening to him? Was it what they called as love at first sight?

Beam could feel that his cheeks were tinted with pinkish tinge.

Beam didn't notice that the man was already awake. He was in a sitting position and was gazing intently at him.

A snap of a finger awakened Beam's quiescent mind.

Beam gulped and cleared his throat, "I am Beam. Student ID 0029. May I ask permission to get your signature, P'?" Beam was able to pull himself to ask the man after giving him a wai as a sign of respect to those with higher ranks.

Beam could tell that this man was someone that's hard to deal with since he didn't even bother to return his wai.

The man took the Signature Book that was in Beam's hold and scanned the pages. He raised his right eyebrow and, oh good heavens, he was now giving Beam a frowning look.

"It is now exactly two hours and thirty minutes right after the freshmen gathering ended, and now you've got balls to hand it over to me with empty pages. What are you trying to prove? There's no room for procrastinator here in this faculty," the man said while shoving the book to Beam.

Beam unconsciously checked the time and cursed silently, “Damn, he's right!

There was an indifferent tone in the man's voice, but good heavens, Beam saw a sparkling, loving gaze in his eyes that made his heart beat faster than usual.

The man was about to walk away from him, but Beam managed to hold his wrist.

"I am not loafing around, P'. I just want yours to be the first on my Signature Book. I would do anything just to get your signature, P'. See, I don't know anyone here and it would be nice if the first person that I will get to know of is you," Beam took a deep breath before letting the man's wrist go from his hold.

Disappointment could be seen from the man in front of him the moment he let go of his hand, but there's an undeniable glimmer of happiness in his eyes.

"Are you sure? You want to do anything?" he asked with teasing eyes and smirking lips.

Beam nodded. Why did he have this feeling that this man would be the death of him? Why couldn't he just take back his words and asked the other seniors for their signature than stick with this man for Christ's sake?!

"Well, then," he smiled. "There are three things that you need to do in exchange with my signature. First, you grab a violin from the Music Department, and play any music you like at exactly twelve noon right here with me for three consecutive days starting today. The moment you finished the first task I'll give you the second task thereafter. Am I clear?"

Beam's jaw dropped upon hearing the first task. For Pete's sake, that was just the first task, how much more intense were the remaining two tasks? Would he be able to pull it through?

Beam glanced at his wristwatch to check the time. He only had less than thirty minutes left for his first performance.

Good thing his parents enrolled him to different summer classes including playing musical instrument lessons such as piano, guitar, violin and flute. He had able to master a few classical masterpieces.

Without much further ado, Beam ran right away heading to the Music Department to borrow a violin. He wasn't that far yet when he heard the man calling him out loud to stop.

"Student ID 0029, stop! Where are you going? Got cold feet? Do you want to quit?" The man with blue jacket bombarded him with questions.

The man in blue jacket seemed anxious. Was he afraid that he might quit with his challenge?

Beam smirked, "Stay there. Don't go anywhere!" Then turned around and continued on his track heading to the Music Department, and left the man in blue jacket stunned.

To Be Continued...