Chapter END: Never Asked For This

The wind played with her short hair but she paid it no attention. She stood in front of a gray tombstone, faint tear stains on her cheeks.

When she first met Allan, she thought he was one of those cocky rebels who just break the rules for fun.

She hated him, hated how he thought he was superior to everyone else.

But when they interacted more, the more she realized that he wasn't like that. He was quiet, but there was a vibe around him just bursting with bottled emotions, pent up frustrations and anger. His eyes looked like he has seen all the horrors the world has to offer and knew what they meant. And the few times he spoke, his voice sounded as if he has been through a thousand battles and was still trying to grasp onto his humanity.

He was a volcano wanting to erupt but didn't want to hurt those around him. He was a lone wolf, wanting to be on his own so he doesn't get hurt if people end up betraying him.

But to her, he was her hope.

All his life, he has been beaten down over and over again. It was like the universe had some kind of vendetta against him, never letting him have a moment of peace. But he still stood up, still kept breathing.

He claims to be numb, claims that he would've killed himself if he wasn't so scared, but she knew better. She knew it was really because he wanted to live.

He wanted to love and he wanted to care. He wanted to be human.

And it is because of that desire, it is because of her, that he died.

He wanted to protect her.

"When I said I wanted to be done with the gang, this isn't how I wanted it to happen."

Emma fell to her knees, thinking how bittersweet everything was.

She was free, but she still felt trapped.