- S E C O N D C H A N C E

Ο Ο Ο

Ο Ο Ο

2. Lung

The voice is too loud
I'm losing in the crowd
Because I, can't breathe
Oh, I can't breathe

- by Vancouver Sleep Clinic, 2017

Everything ended. Then it began again.

When the world stops spinning, even for a second, everything is thrown off balance. Including the passage of time. This is something It could utilize.

For when Richie Tozier's world stopped spinning, It grasped that split second of imbalance, and began to turn back the clock.

Backwards, reverse, spinning like a top.

Then it stopped.

And the world started spinning once more, a seemingly meaningless second twisted into a perverted fantasy that would haunt the nightmares of those to experience it for the rest of their lives.

Ο Ο Ο

It felt like he was floating. He knew that couldn't be the case, because he wasn't in water, and he was too heavy to do it in the air, but nevertheless, he felt like he was floating.

The distant screams of his friends echoed in his ears as he cradled What Once Was in his arms. Not What Is— What Once Was.

Then time reversed itself, and the screams faded, and the body of his first love dissipated between his very fingertips.

Ο Ο Ο

Richie Tozier opened his eyes to what seemed to be a perfectly ordinary Wednesday afternoon.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, reaching over and grasping for the glasses that were not there. He looked at the old, wooden nightstand beside his bed, and his heart dropped into his stomach.

Eddie.

He got to his feet and looked around his room, pulse quickening. His suitcase sat unopened in the corner— where he most certainly had not left it. He peered out the window at the rickety metal staircase platform he had dropped his luggage onto just a few hours prior and found nothing there.

Anxiety beginning to reach its peak, Richie hurried into the bathroom and found everything in its place, which was not how it had been before he went to the sewers. His things were nowhere to be found. Rushing back into the bedroom, he made a grab for the toiletry bag by his dresser and opened it, riffling through with trembling hands and pulling out his old pair of glasses.