Chapter 3

NICO POV

-•-•-•-•-•-

Nico shoved clothes into his black duffle bag. At last, the last day of camp had come.

Nico, for once, was cheerful to leave camp. Normally he dreaded being thrown into a random foster home. But this time he had Percy to write to all year.

He just really wanted to make up with Percy.

Nico noticed Leo, Jason, and Piper standing off to one side. Nico knew that Leo was still depressed about Calypso. In the end, the gods had decided that his wish was too great and, out of pity, erased his promise to Calypso.

Nico, for once could relate to Leo. They both had someone they loved but couldn't reach.

"So, I guess this is it," Jason said quietly, looking at Nico. Nico shrugged and looked at the ground.

"I'll miss you guys," Piper chimed in.

"Oh come on Grace! It's not like you aren't coming to camp next year!" Leo exclaimed, clapping Jason on the back.

"Well, that's the thing. You see, Piper and I are going to Camp Jupiter year-round," Jason announced. There was wistfulness in his eyes.

"No!" Nico blurted. The three other demigods turned to look at Nico curiously.

"Jason, you're the thing that keeps me sane!" Nico protested. "I won't be able to hold in my crush for Percy any longer, then I'll blurt it out and Percy will hate me more than he already does!"

Leo and Piper stared at Nico in shock, while Jason just smiled.

Jason took a few steps and wrapped Nico in a hug. (A/N: He's hugging him in a brotherly way, not a Jasico way) Nico flinched at the gesture but didn't protest.

"Hey Nico, I'm really sorry but I have to. It's the only place demigods can be safe," Jason said quietly.

"You're safe here too!" Nico protested, his voice cracking. His only friend was leaving him!

"Sorry Nico," Piper said pitifully.

Nico simply spun around and stalked away, too hurt to reply back. The son of Hades who never cried, was now practically bawling.

Nico was so busy with self-pity that he didn't realize when he practically ran over Percy.

"Sorry," Nico growled and began to push past him. Percy blocked his path.

"No. I'm sorry," Percy said softly. "Annabeth told me what happened."

Nico looked up at Percy. Gods he's gorgeous, Nico thought.

With his sparkling sea green eyes that shone with pain from his experience from Tartarus and his raven-black hair, Nico had to fight the urge to kiss him right there and then.

But then there was Annabeth to think about.

Nico didn't want to die, and he surely would if he kissed Percy. No, he would keep it strictly G.

For now.

"Uh, Nico, you okay? You're staring at me like a bug landed on my face," Percy said, poking Nico's cheek. Nico blushed.

"Go away Jackson," he grumbled. Reluctantly, Nico walked away to find Chiron so he could sign out of camp for the summer.

-•-•-•-•-•-

He found Chiron and signed the sheet, saying everything was cleaned out. Moments later he was out of camp boundaries looking for a nice, quiet spot to shadow travel.