Chapter 21

DESTINY'S POV (whaaaat?!?)

Destiny unlocked the door to Percy's room and opened it quietly. She'd been forced to lock it after what happened last night.

She was terrified of him self-harming again.

Destiny had also put bars and a lock on all the windows so he couldn't possibly get some more glass.

Percy looked up at her, his normally gorgeous sea-green eyes shattered and heartbroken. It made her feel slightly pitiful for him, but being with another guy was just... Wrong.

Besides, Percy would be much happier with her.

"Wakey wakey! Today is our we-dding!" Destiny announced in a singsong voice.

Percy simply sighed.

"What happens if I don't say 'I do'?" Percy asked stupidly.

"Well, then I'll kill you!" Destiny exclaimed. "Well, Ambrogio will. I don't like getting blood on my hands, especially on my wedding day."

Percy groaned and got up, the exhaustion evident in his eyes.

"May I go to the restroom to get ready?" he grumbled. Destiny shook her head.

"No. My friend Maddi, a daughter of Aphrodite, will be here in ten minutes to fix you up. She's going to come with some ambrosia so those nasty cuts will go away," Destiny explained.

Percy grunted but sat back down, looking hopelessly out the window. Destiny shook her head sadly before closing and locking the door once more.

-•-•-•-•-

PERCY'S POV

Pitiful.

That was how Percy felt.

Sure, he'd had his heart broken loads of times, but this was different.

The normally dull ache that settled in his chest would usually go away after a week or two.

This time, it only grew stronger with want for Nico.

Percy continued staring out the window, marveling at the various taxis and people roaming the streets of Manhattan.

It made him miss Nico even more.

Just then, the door opened loudly. Percy flinched and spun around.

The girl was wearing all pink, including her hair ties in her blonde pigtails. She wore a light pink tank top and a slightly lighter pink skirt. She even wore pink converse

"Hi! I'm Maddi!" the girl giggled.

"I'm Percy," he grumbled flatly.

"Oh come on! Cheer up! It's your wedding day!"

"I wish it wasn't."

"Oh don't worry! It's normal to be nervous."

"I'm not-" Percy broke off into a coughing fit as some powder was splashed onto his face.

"Sorry! You have acne right there. Don't want that showing! Oh, and eat this."

Percy took the ambrosia from Maddi's hand and bit into it.

It tasted like Nico's fettechini alfredo that he'd made one night.

Then, the taste disappeared.

Percy sniffled and held back tears. He missed Nico dearly.

Hours later, it felt like, Maddi finished.

"Okay, time to go to the hotel where the wedding is!" she squealed. "I'm driving!"

-•-•-•-•-

Yeah I know. Crappy chappy.

Anyways, the next chapter is the LAST CHAPTER BEFORE THE SEQUEL :(. I'll miss writing this!

Also, I know lots of people hate having to read sequels and I'm sorry. But if you could please read it when it comes out, that'd be great.

There will be more info regarding when it will be out next chapter.

Have a great day/night!

Until next time,

-Callie