Chapter XI - "I've missed that... and you."

Sigyn couldn't breath for a second.
I knew it, there was something wrong, she thought.
What the hell was going on ? Why wasn't he on Alfleim ? Was he in trouble ? Was he hurt ? Was he... She refused to finish that thought.

-Did you receive any letter from him ? Sigyn asked the monarch.

-Not even once, but you did and that's not good news...

-Why..., she started, intriguished to know.

But she was cut by the queen opening the doors of the throne room.
Odin was waiting on his throne, with an emotionless look on his face, Thor by his side, on the contrary looked rather anxious.

-Please everyone, take place and listen to me, the Allfather began. We are all here to speak about Loki. You know that we didn't receive any news from him since he went away. Being a bit worried, we sent a letter to Baldr... And he confirmed that Loki never arrived to Alfleim.

The audience was silent.

-But, we know that he sent one single letter, to Sigyn.

Everyone looked to her, she stood still.

-Can we see this letter Sigyn ? The Allmother asked kindly.

The young goddess snapped her fingers and summoned the piece of paper in her left hand. She read it all.

-It is very short, she concluded.

-That's what I was scared about, the Allmother said.

-Why ?

-We think that he never had the intention to go to Alfleim.

-How ?

Odin stood up, and began to speak.

-Because there are these rebellions on Vanaheim, peoples that always seeked the leadership of the nine realms are starting to rebel too. We believe that one of them may have contacted Loki.

-Why should he have answered ?

The two monarchs exanged a look.

-Because he thought that he could fight them by himself.

Sigyn wasn't convinced by this answer at all, it even seemed as if they were hiding something. She decided to stay quiet and to reveal not her mind.

-This note that he sent you means that he is fine, or at least was. He took the risk to send you a letter, even if it meant that we would have known he didn't went on Vanaheim on purpose.

Sigyn stood silent, not knowing what to say. She couldn't believe he would have done something that unconscious.

-So, what are we doing now ? Nep asked.

-Well, we think that Laufey, the Frost Giant king might have him.

-So... Johtuneim ?

-Indeed, Sif answered.

-You will have to dress warm, the Allmother said. Prepare for leaving tomorrow, in the morning.

The few in charge of the mission started to go out little by little.

-Sigyn ! The Allfather said when she was crossing the door, already planning a way to join the mission. You too, dress warm, he added with a mysterious look.

-Really ?

-You would have found a way to get in the spaceship one way or another. And you know Loki maybe even better than Thor.

She bowed and left the room.

-I heard you are coming at last ? Her brother was waiting outside, resting on the wall.