Chapter 5

Kaylin told her sister about the uncle situation and Emilie said that they never had any uncle before. Kaylin realized her mistake...

That night, Emilie had to go out with Grayson. So Kaylin was alone at home...

Late at night, at one in the morning. A knock at the door woke Kaylin. She creeped out of her room and hid behind a bookshelf preparing to scare Emilie. The stranger opened the door as Kaylin was about to jump when she saw that it wasn't Emilie. She quickly hid back behind the bookshelf. The creepy sound made Kaylin shiver as the stranger tip toed to the kitchen. Then the living room and then stopped at Emilie's room. Kaylin took the opportunity to grab a knife in the kitchen. As she went back to hide. The stranger jumped on her, which made the knife fall off her hand.
Kaylin stayed quiet on the floor as the weight of the stranger lied on her.

Finally Kaylin asked "Who are you"

The stranger grinned and replied "Oh, and tell me why I should tell you?"

Kaylin was still, after a moment she shivered and said "Or else I'll call the police!"

So the stranger replied "Oh, how sweet, but I'm not scared of the police". The stranger started to tie Kaylin who refused to let herself be controlled. "You're a lucky girl, I'm not going to kidnapp you but I am asking you to make a choice, either you join me or you'll be tied up like the others". Kaylin wasn't listening she was trying to get the knife from a feet away.

"Why should I choose?" asked Kaylin.

"Because if not you will end up like all the others" replied the stranger.

"What do you mean, there are others like this?".

"Every year, and every October 8th, I creep into each and every house that ends with a number 8, this year it's your turn" replied the stranger.

"So your name is Barth, AKA Thor Tyror. " said Kaylin, who was reading the letters on the gun.

"No, no it's uh.... a society" lied the stranger putting the gun back in his pocket.

"Just please let me go!" screamed Kaylin.

"Bad choice. If you keep screaming I will give you a face mask" said the stranger. Kaylin stayed quiet. "Oh, no! Someone is moving closer! I have to pack !"murmured the stranger untying Kaylin and packing his supplies back in his backpack, he did it so fast Kaylin didn't get the chance to do anything, the stranger was gone before she knew it. Kaylin ran quickly back to bed as it was 5 in the morning, she was so tired.