Chapter 16

Emilie moved closer to the cell, a teardrop running down her cheeks. Kaylin followed behind her, also leaving a teardrop falling on her cheeks. They sat down in front of the cell, sobbing and thinking that their parents were dead. 

"Mom, dad, please, wake up!" cried Emilie. The puppy whined in despair. 

"Should we leave?" asked Kaylin brushing off her last tear. 

"Yes, you're right watching them makes me even sadder" agreed Emilie. They walked away in silence. Before they could take a step, they heard a yawn; it was coming from the nearest cell, their parent's cell. Emilie quickly ran back, followed by Kaylin. 

"Mom? Dad? You're awake!" yelled Emilie. 

"Emilie? Kaylin?" asked Mom. 

"Oh, Mom!" cried Kaylin. They tried to hug each other but the barriers were separating them. 

"Oh, girls!" exclaimed Dad waking up. 

"Dad!" they both shouted.

 "How did you girls find us?" asked Dad. 

"We will explain everything once you guys are out of the cell" replied Emilie. 

"There is a key on the left of the cell" explained Dad. 

"We missed you so much" cried Mom. 

"We missed you too" replied Kaylin giving her mom a biscuit. Emilie found the key and unlocked the cell. They all shared a hug. 

"Kaylin, how you've grown up!" exclaimed Mom. 

"We are so proud of you, we know how much you've been through" declared Dad. 

"You took good care of Kaylin like we told you to" added Mom. 

"I did my best to protect her" replied Emilie. 

"I see you found Caramel" said Dad gesturing to the puppy. 

"Oh Dad can we keep him, please?" begged Kaylin. 

"Of course you can" replied Mom petting Caramel. They shared another hug and traveled back home in peace and harmony.