Chapter 17

"Breakfast is ready!" cried Mom. Emilie and Kaylin ran down the stairs and took their plates. Together they all talked about what happened during their parent's disappearance. Emilie told her story and Kaylin told hers, they planned a way to stop Barth, and they hope it works. Emilie didn't tell her parents what happened to her, but one day she would have to spill the truth. Their plan was to convince Barth that revenge is not the way to solve problems, so they decided to take a fake gem and tell him that the gem is the infinity power, he did not know how the infinity power looked like, and so when he approaches it, they will put a trap.

 Emilie says that if this goes wrong it would be her fault, but her dad tells her that she did the right thing. Grayson would have to stay in the hospital, due to his broken arm. Emilie quickly asked her parents if she could go visit him, they agreed only if they all went together, her parents would not let her go alone even if Emilie told them that he protected her and risked his life for her.

At the hospital,

"Good morning sir what can i help you with?" asked the reception lady.

 " We are searching for a teenager named Grayson Gregory "replied Dad. 

"Please wait a moment" told the lady, searching on her computer. "Room 27, on the left" said the lady. 

"Thank you, have a nice day" replied Dad. They walked to room 27 and knocked on the door. Grayson's mom opened the door. Her face was so shocked to see Emilie's parents.

 "Oh! Jake, Linda, Emilie, Kaylin, I am so happy to see you, I see that you found your parents" exclaimed Grayson's mom.

 "Yes, we are here to see Grayson, is he okay?" questioned Mom. 

"Oh, of course, he is just a little tired" replied Miss Gregory letting them in. 

"Grayson!" exclaimed Emilie running to him. 

"Emilie, I'm so happy you found your parents" said Grayson, he could barely talk. 

"Yes, but are you okay?" asked Emilie touching his arm. 

"Yes, I'm fine, but I'm very tired" said Grayson so quietly Emilie could barely hear. 

"I will explain everything later, right now you need to rest" said Emilie. 

"Emilie...I, I love you" whispered Grayson before falling asleep. 

"I love you too" replied Emilie.

In the meantime, Emilie's parents were talking to Grayson's mom, and Kaylin was on her phone.

After talking too much they left the hospital. 

"Grayson was very brave trying to protect you" said  Dad. 

"Grayson's mom told us all about him when we were away" included Mom. 

"I knew you would like him" answered Emilie. The car drive back home was quiet, the only sound came from Kaylin's phone.

 The car drive back home was quiet, the only sound came from Kaylin's phone