6.I am Sherlock Holmes

(SOUND TRACK-NEVER TEAR US APART)

CHAPTER SIX

"No-NO."

I heard an incoherent whisper followed by a loud groan.

My eyes flickered,disturbing my slumber.Twitching my body side ways I got out of the bed.I glanced at the clock hung on the wall,it was three in the morning.I could still hear the low-dreadful mumbling from the other side of the room and with time the voice grew heavier.

I paced towards the living room with the help of the flashlight in my phone.The room was dark and silent.I could hear the distressed murmuring again.

"NO."

"No-please."

"Please."

The indistinct voice grew clear as I approached his room.It was just a few wall's beside mine.The door was slightly open but not enough to figure out or conclude anything.I wasn't sure if I it was ideal to enter his room,I was just a guest here.But his panic voice,mumbling cleared all my doubts and without giving a second thought I opened the door wide.

He was switching sides in his sleep on his bed.His chest was naked and he continued to twitch,his blanket was lying beneath his feet,all crumpled.Tiny sweat beads dripped from his forehead,he looked terrified and sweaty.His arms were still on both the sides as if he was held captive.

"No-Saanvi.Saanvi-,"he murmured with panic.Grief was evident in his tone.He was certainly having a terrible nightmare.I stood still not knowing what to do.He kept on murmuring her name,Saanvi.

"Shivaay,"I whispered gently.He surely wasn't able to hear me and I didn't want to scare him by shouting his name out loud.With certain hesitation in each step I approached towards his bed.I sat gently at the edge of his bed.I was bewildered on what to do next.

"Shivaay,"I whispered louder than the last time shaking his bare arms.His temperature was hot.I nudged him again by his elbow and he caught hold of my wrist with tight grip.His grip was quite hard.He held my wrists as if it was an anchor amidst the drowning sea.

"Shiv-Shivaay it's me,Anika."I said as I bent down a little to reach his ears.His grip loosened and his eyes squinted as he tried to open them.Gradually his body relaxed under my touch as I stroked my hand against his forehead in a gentle manner.

His blue orbs rested on mine,bewildered."Shh- It's fine."I consoled him again.His eyelashes shut down drifting him back to sleep.I continued to run my hand across his hair for another few minutes.His temple relaxed and so did his flexed muscles.

After covering him with a blanket,I walked back to my room.Why was he having a nightmare and who was Saanvi?

All seemed like a puzzle with missing pieces.I knew for a fact that the silence of night often ignites the chaos of one's mind.He seems like a person who has everything sorted in life.Where was his family,I wondered.

I went back to sleep as I retreated to my bed.Sleep was far away as my mind was preoccupied with his thoughts.Soon my stressed body gave up and I drifted back to sleep.

***

After stretching my tightened arms,I woke up remembering all the incident,last night.I washed my face,brushed my teeth with a spare toothbrush.After changing back to my hoodie,I folded back the t-shirt keeping it aside on the night stand.Running my hands along my hair,I gathered it into a ponytail and paced out.

As I walked into the living room,I witnessed him frying something on his pan in his open kitchen.He was dressed in his navy blue shirt with sleeves folded up and a black trouser.His right wrist displayed his rolex watch.