The Mistake

I glanced outside the window, resting my chin on my palm, as the teacher left the classroom. My thoughts wandered.

In a week's time - by the end of the month - a school dance ball was to be held. Apparently, we could ask anyone, from senpai to kouhai, but I had only one name on my mind - [L/N]  [F/N].

Yes, we were friends but still I lacked the courage to ask her. She'll never consent to it. I mean, I am just a spoiled rich brat who likes to tease everyone, and more than that, I am an Alicein - a family already shady.

Though it's not like she knows we keep vampires and Servamps - one who's grandpa's butler and another one with mom. I dare not think what she would think if she knew.

She was sitting right next to me yet her world was miles apart from my reach. I gazed at her slightly, making sure not to get caught.

Her hair were tied loosely in a bun, some strands fell to her side and she tucked them behind her ear, reviewing her notes of the day. The look in her eyes excited me, determined and passionate about her future. I wished it were me, whom she gave that look.

From the corner of my eye, I saw someone approach her - tall and slender, with eyes as dark as the deepest seas, and a bespectacled face masking his inner motives into a pleasant smile. It was Kageyama Shu, a year my elder, famous for being an international chess player, since his childhood. His very presence felt, to me, unpleasant, reeking of danger.

Intentionally, I eavesdropped as he asked [F/N] for being the dance partner to him, with words dipped in honey.

As if that would happen. I WON'T let that happen! NOT THIS PERSON! NEVER!!

In a mad frenzy, I ended up challenging him for a match - a CHESS MATCH!

"And whoever wins, will get the honour to be [F/N]'s dance partner ", I declared confidently.

He smiled at me, calmly, never once losing his composure.

"Fine by me. I hope you don't regret it later ", as he walked away from us, I felt as if I had, unknowingly, walked straight into the lion's den.

But there was no coming back. WHAT HAVE I DONE ? The match was a day before the ball and I was screwed!

~~~

[Was it jealously that drove Mikuni to take this step? It is clear that he likes you so maybe...

Will you leave him to be with someone else? Whom do you choose to be your dance partner?

Who is that pleasant looking senpai that Mikuni is so wary of ? Is he dangerous? ]