Instinct

[A/N It's been a while, but I'm back updating. I know its short but I had major writers block with this chapter. Either way, I hope you like it!! Vote and Comment please. =)]

Hayley's P.O.V
(Not Edited)

"You knew all this time, and you're just telling me about it now?" Natalya jumped up from her seat.

"I wanted to find her first, then tell you while I showed you," Nate replied back, "but my search hasn't been successful. I've been to every school in this area, and had no such luck."

I sat there listening, still processing everything. "How do you know if you found her or not?" I looked at Nate practically on the verge of tears. Everything I knew was a lie. My parents, not my parents. My brother, not my brother. Human, not human. Yay me...

Nate walked up to me with a frown on his face and put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry you have to go through this. Questioning everything and everyone."

I shrugged his shoulder off and cleared my throat, trying to get my self together. I forced a smile on my face and looked up at him. "It's ok, I'm fine."

Nate sat down next to me, "And to answer your question, I don't know. The oracle didn't give me much to go on. Just that she is close in the area. To be honest, I was hoping that I would see her and everything would fall into place."

"Like the heavens would open up and a beacon of light would shine on her while the angels sing loudly?" Natalya asked sarcastically. I guess she was pissed off that Nate didn't tell her about their daughter.

Nate sighed, like he was defeated. "You say that like it would be a bad thing. At this point, for how long I've been searching, that would be a BIG help."

"Well did it EVER cross your mind that maybe you would involve the mother. That maybe, just maybe, she can point out her daughter in a heart beat" Natalya hissed.

Nate put his head down before answering. "I wanted to make things right. To find our daughter and be like "ta da." You don't have to blame me for what happened, because I definitely blame myself. Every. Single. Day. That's what drives me. Making everything better, between us and our clans."

Natalya opened her mouth to say something but Nate looked up at her, his eyes starring longing into hers.

"I promise you Natalya, I won't rest until I find our baby girl."

Natalya face soften as she walked up to Nate, got on her knees in front of him and took his hands into hers, " What if I told you, you already did?"

Nate and I both perked up.

"I would say that was a miracle" I chimed in smiling.

Nate nodded his head agreeing with me, "I would say the same."

"Then call it a miracle, because I believe our daughter's been up under your nose the whole in tire time" Natalya continued.

A light bulb must of gone off in Nate's head, because he sat there with a "ohhhh I got it now" face. Me, on the other hand sat there confused more then ever.

"I don't get it? Where's your daughter??" I asked anxiously.

They both turned to look at me, and answered in unison.

"You."

*~*

"Me!?!" I stood up quickly, shaking my head. "How do you know?!?"

Natalya stood up with me and waved her hands out in front of her. "Hey hey, calm down. I don't know for sure. I just have this feeling. Call it instinct."

"Instinct!!" I shouted back. "Ha, I call it... It.. Crazy. Yeah. Crazy talk." I was losing it and fumbling with my words didn't make it any better. I needed some air and fast. I backed out the room then ran out the front door before anyone could grab me. 

The cool air greeted me as I flung myself onto the stairs. Tears started pouring out my eyes without my control. Everything I kept balled up was releasing, and I just let it, as my shoulders shook and my eyes got all puffy I let myself... Feel. 

Minutes had gone by, when I had just finished wiping my nose with the back of my hand (I know gross), when the front door opened, and Natalya stepped out. She walked down the stairs, sat down next to me and held out some tissue. She didn't mutter a word, just sat there starring ahead.

I wiped the remainder of my tears and blew my nose. "Thank you" I said softly.

"I know you have a lot to process and then me adding that assumption, was probably like a bomb setting off. I also know everything is happening really REALLY fast and you might need a day or two too piece everything together. But like I said in there, it was just instinct. We are going to have to check to be sure."

"How?" I asked.

"By going to see the oracle. I believe we all have questions that need to be answered. And it all started with the oracle." Natalya answered.

"But I thought she doesn't help non humans?"

"She don't. But something tells me she is very interested, if not invested, in you." Natalya  got up and looked down at me. "So what do you say, you want to go and see the oracle?" 

I stood up and faced Natalya, "You're damn right, I do."