Greet and Meet

*NOT EDITED*

Haley’s P.O.V

Everyone stopped talking and goofing around when Natalya and I entered the room. They all stood up and bowed their heads.

 “What’s going on?” I leaned over and whispered to Natalya. She chuckled and shook her head smiling. She then unhooks her arm from mine and stepped forward

“Cool it guys, she’s not a ‘Higher’. Not yet anyway.” she added turning to me. “Her name is Haley Barnes.”

Everyone turn their heads towards me, mouths gapping wide open. I blushed, ducking my head, and did a quick wave. “Uh….hi”

“That’s Flabby Haley?” a voice at the end of the table asked. Everyone turned and looked at Marcus who was laid back in his chair, feet on the table; behind him stood his usual crew: Brittany (the barn yard bitch), Samuel (geek turn sheek), Leon (Marcus’s right hand man) and Kayla (The witless wonder). They all snickered behind him.

“No that couldn’t be Haley; a bite couldn’t help that pathetic, insignificant piece of shit.” Brittany chimed in; she leaned against Marcus’s chair starring straight into my eyes.

Natalya stepped in front of me blocking her gaze. “Are you calling me a liar?” she challenged her.

The smile was wiped from Brittany’s face as she looked down cowering behind Marcus. “No. no. Sorry.” She answered barely in a whisper.

“And you!” Natalya pointed at Marcus. “Her name is Haley, NOT flabby Haley. Got it!?”

Marcus threw his hands up smiling “Whatever you say beautiful.” Natalya hissed at him, her eyes flashing brighter then the sun.

“I mean Natalya.” Marcus coolly corrected himself. He took his feet off the table and stood up. “Let’s go you guys, I suddenly lost my appetite.” He walked pass Natalya his eyes never leaving hers “And besides don’t want to come between beau- I mean Na-tal-ya and her PET.” He added as he strutted out the room, his crew right behind him.

I placed my hand on Natalya’s back trying to calm her down. She looked over her shoulder and smiled sheepishly at me. “Sorry about that.”

 I smiled back at her. “Thank you. But I’m sort of use to it.”

“Well not anymore you’re not.” She protested “you have me.” She smiled confidently at me, with a warm, sincere look in her eyes. I blushed embarrassingly and looked away.

Tillie then walked in, clapping her hands, drawing everyone’s attention to her. “Okay people, let’s stop with the ‘love scene’ and get down to business.” She skipped up to me, and grabbed my hand, leading me to the center of the room. “Who is our first contestant to introduce themselves?” She asked bouncing up and down.

I looked at the three remaining people seating at the table. A man stood up from his chair. He was tall, scruffy, and built like a body builder. He looked like he was in his mid thirties. He had black hair with white patches on the sides. He had cuts all over his face. Which gave him a don’t- fuck- with- me look. I also notice that one eye was hazel and the other was a forest green color.

“My name is Grant.” He said in a deep, rusty voice. He then sat back down and started stuffing his face with the food that was on his plate, in front of him.

“Here’s a fun fact about Grant,” Tillie chimed in. “He is one of the muscles in the Ortaga Clan. That’s why he has the chisel chest and raging biceps.” Tillie then threw up her arms, and tried flexing her biceps, making a deep growl like she was pro wrestler. But then gave up defeated and continue talking.

 “He also has a twin brother name Greg, who is also the muscles in the Clan. We call them the ‘mirror image twins’, because they are literally the opposite of one another. For example Grant has black hair with white patches. Well Greg has white hair with black patches. No he isn’t a ‘Higher’, in case you ask.” She giggled before continuing “If you look at Grant’s eyes his left eye is hazel and his right green, while Greg eyes is the-?” Tillie stopped talking and nodded her head towards me, waiting for me to finsish her sentence.

“Uh.. the opposite.” I answered

“Exactly” she beamed up at me. “Another example is their personalities. Greg is sweet, kind, and nice. While Grant is, uh…” Tillie paused and looked over at Grant, who stopped eating and looked back at her with one eyebrow raised. “He is… the …‘opposite’.” She finished hesitantly. She looked back at me and smiled. “But you will see for yourself in time. Greg is with Alicia scouting the premises right now.”

I nodded my head understanding.

“Okay, moooo-ving on.” Tillie clapped her hands again. 

The man next to Grant stood up slowly. He was tall and very skinny. He looked like he was Italian with the comb back, greased hair due and the curly mustache.

 He cleared his throat and walked up to me. He grabbed my hand, bowed his head and kissed it. I blushed and looked over at Tillie; she was stepping side to side uneasily. “And that’s Pablo” she explain. “He is sort of, um, hand-sy.”

I looked back down at Pablo. He was looking up at me with his brown eyes and winked, then pulled me towards him and dipped me. “My name is Pablo ‘the sexy’, and I’m not hand-sy. I’m very, very-“

He pulled me closer to him our lips almost touching “Expressive” he finished. He then puckered his lips out like he was getting ready to kiss me.

“Pablo! No!” I heard Tillie yell in the background.

All of a sudden I heard a loud smacking sound, I looked at Pablo. His eyes were wide open in shock. He quickly let go of me and dropped to the floor holding the back of his head in pain. Standing behind him was Tillie, she was on her tippy toes and had her hand held back. “DOWN Pablo!! She isn’t interested in you! Go sit down!!”

Pablo got up off the floor and rushed back to his seat, where he began to cry silently into his plate.

“And last but not least, we have Samantha” Tillie said returning back to her cheerful self. A girl stood up next to the pouting Pablo. She had long black hair and very pale skin. She wore a lot of dark makeup and her clothing was all black.

Tillie leaned close to me and whispered “She doesn’t say much. Because she is very shy. But none the less she is our best tracker.”

Samantha bowed her head towards me, and then she sat down with her hands in her lap.

“Well that’s it until you meet Greg and Alicia.” Tillie turned to Natalya who was seating down quietly. “Are you going to take her to talk to Tavern?”

 Natalya nodded her head while getting up.

“Oh. But I think you forgot someone dear Tillie.” A voice ranged out through the dining hall. All of sudden the double doors swung open and a hooded person stepped through them, dragging a women by her hair.

It threw her in front of us; she was badly beaten and was covered in blood. “Alicia” Tillie gasped, putting her hands over her mouth.

The person removed its hood from its head. My mouth dropped open, I took a step back, and tripping over myself I fell unto my butt, my eyes never leaving its face. The hooded figure was a man and he smiled down at me, his green eyes flashing mischievously.

“Well hello there, long time no see. Little Sister.”

~~**~~