Reality TV

Ok, so what is your favorite show in the world? Now is that show is a “reality” show? Most likely it is. Why are people so infatuated with others people’s lives that are ultimately changed for the benefit of the show? Now, I love me some reality TV (Dance Moms, The Real World, Jwow and Snooki, Love in the Wild, etc.). There is just something about those shows that I just love: drama. Drama is something we either want in or out of our lives, so why not watch someone else’s drama unfold? (hahaHeckNo)

I definitely agree with you! Watching someone else “suffer” the drama is so fun, no matter how sadistic that sounds. But not all shows deal with frenzies of yelling, screaming, or crying. Television shows like Fear Factor or Extreme Makeover are quite different from Punk’d or Jersey Shore. (Reflectionx)

Well, of course. But something that I just hate are those Bachelor and Bachelorette. The only people who get to be on the shows are the people who were second place on the last season. If they didn’t find love on the show in the first place, they most likely won’t find it a second! And you know the relationships don’t work out because they break up like a half a year later. (hahaHeckNo)

Let me tell you a secret: the ONLY reason I watch the Bachelorette is to see if the guys are hot. Who else is with me?! (Reflectionx)

…...Only Reflectionx would like to see if 40 year old guys are hot.... Seriously that show is only popular with stay at home moms and emotional teenage girls. It is sad that people make money out of people’s personal lives and they live on their whole life. We all have personal problems, but should they really be documented for the whole world to see. I admit, I told my friend once that it would be hilarious if I had my own TV show. I think mine would be a mix of comedy and a small tad bit of drama... just saying. (hahaHeckNo)

Let’s get back to the real point! Reality TV is just for people who feel bad about their life, so they watch others. And then they think, “Wow, my life’s not so dramatic after all.” So I think SOME people actually “benefit” from watching the shows. (Reflectionx)

But some people think that the drama on the show is real. If you have ever watched any of the truTv shows like Operation Repo, it’s a complete lie! Someone even recorded a video of them staging a fight in a parking lot. I love that show so much, but it of course it was a fake. All you’re doing is towing people’s cars, not dealing with a complete psycho who has a machete in his hand (and that was a real episode). (hahaHeckNo)

Of course, “acting” definitely makes the reality TV shows way more dramatic. However, when these shows lasts for too long, I get bored after a while. There is absolutely no point to drag on all the drama. (Especially soap operas.....lasts around a thousand episodes...anyway, not the point...) (Reflectionx)

Haha I agree. My mom loves soap operas... but to the point! What if your life was broadcast to the whole nation? If mine was... I guess it would be pretty funny. Only because I live in a world of “dirty minded”, obnoxious, and smart people. Not a lot of drama, but you would see a little dash a bit here and there. I don’t know if I would watch it, but I would love the people in it! (hahaHeckNo)

So true! Funny people in our lives make it interesting!! Hmm, I don’t really have much to say anymore......(Reflectionx)

Well I guess this is the end of our rant! Notice: the rants will be less frequent than they already are. We will be starting school next week! Ugh. And sorry this is so short, we’ve both been REALLY busy.

Oh, and tell us what your reality show would be about! And don’t forget to give us suggestions for our next rant! Adios! (hahaHeckNo)