Facebook

Everyone knows the ‘oh-so-popular’ social media Facebook, right? That is exactly what we will be ranting in this chapter. (Reflectionx)

So... I think we’ve all gotten annoyed with Facebook at one point. You either got mad at the people who are supposed to make Facebook better or the people who use Facebook. (hahaHeckNo)

One thing I’ve found on Facebook that annoyed the crap out of me: typinq lyk dis. It’s true; I’ve got old friends that type exactly like that.

Example:

pullin ann allniqhterr

You see how they changed the ‘g’ to a ‘q’ just to look cool?! Well, it’s not! And notice the extra ‘r’ in ‘all nighter’? I’m sorry if I have offended you.. (Reflectionx)

I feel that the things that people post on Facebook is getting annoying too. I don’t want to know that you’re getting orange juice at seven in the morning. But some people feel the need to post every waking moment of their lives on Facebook. I usually get on Facebook to either start a poke war, play a game, or just post long time insiders on people’s profile. If you really have to post every second of your life on facebook, then it seems to me you have no life... Sorry, but it’s the truth. (hahaHeckNo)

When you tell people what you are doing, tweet it on Twitter! Not Facebook! And for those who put ‘lms’ or ‘tbh’ just to get likes, but they never do the ‘to be honest’...wow, really? Sure, every once in awhile, it’ll be fun to go around rating everyone, but EVERY single week? (Reflectionx)

Going back to that Twitter thing on Facebook. When you put a hashtag (#) on Twitter it lights up to tell you who have also put this in his/her status. On Facebook it does absolutely nothing! And I have realized people have their Twitter connected to their Facebook, but seriously use one or the other. I’m really tired of seeing status on Facebook that say, “At home texting Jane #ihavenolife”. (hahaHeckNo)

“I got a new phone, inbox me your numbers” I always see this on someone’s post! Grr! Did you think about writing them down? Did you think of saving someone’s number on the computer or a frickin’ piece of paper? I do not have time to inbox you my number because I have things to do! I do the “happy birthday” routine, poke back, and I’m off! (Reflectionx)

I would say I do the same thing. But I really want Facebook to add a dislike button. If I don’t like a status I want to say “No I do not agree with you saying that you are dating my crush,”. And what if you are in those awkward positions that a friend’s family member just died and they post about it? You want to show your comfort, but you just don’t know how to say it.

“My brother is in a better place,” it says. And you’re contemplating whether it would offend them to like the status. Are you saying,”I agree that taking your loved one was a good thing,” or “I’m sorry for your lost,”. Its just weird. (hahaHeckNo)

Haha, I definitely agree with you! (Reflectionx)

I also think it’s annoying when people like these photos that say: Like if you remember this movie/tv show, are a 90’s kid, if you love Jesus, etc. Yes I remember That’s So Raven, I was born in the 90’s, and I love Jesus. I don’t really have to proclaim my memory, age, and religion on Facebook do I? Sometimes I see really stupid ones like LMP if you want this house. Yes I want that 99 million dollar mansion that comes with the indoor and outdoor swimming pool, 18 bedroom, 10 baths, and has nine hundred acres. But its not like I’m going to get it so why like it? (hahaHeckNo)

Wow, so true, so true! Rant #2, check. Thank you, reader, for ‘surviving’ this rant! If you have anything you would like to add, comment or message us! (Reflectionx)