Disaster Date

I took her to the finest restaurant in town, not that I would know if it's good or not.. kinda haven't eaten a meal since I was 14-ish. She's never been here before, which makes me a little anxious. We were directed to a table and I pulled the seat out for her to sit, then sat across from her.

"Hi! My name is Stacy and I am your waitress for the night! What would you two like to drink? We have Coke products or if you're looking to spice it up a little we have the finest wines in town!"

"We'll both just take water with a lemon please." Cory says.

The waitress walks away. I opened the menu nervously as Cory watched me.

"I didn't expect us to go to a place this fancy. Also, I can tell that you have never been here either." She chuckled.

"I-I don't know what to order.. everything on here looks packed with calories." I said while nervously biting my lip.

"Why so worried about the calorie count..? Just enjoy your food, don't let that little demon inside of you get to you!"

"I don't know if I can do this. Just the thought of the fat I could gain from this disgusts me."

"Sarah-"

"Cory I can't do this."

"Sar-"

"Let's go home.."

"SARAH!" She screamed at me, "YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO GET OVER THIS DISEASE IF YOU DON'T TRY!"

I looked at her blankly and sighed.

"Now, just pick something or I'm going to pick for you. Remember I gave you the keys and you chose to come here, to a restaurant. Where people fucking eat Sarah."

"I think I know what a restaurant is Cory."

"You sure don't act like it."

"Look, I brung you here to at least take a bite to make you proud for once. I'm sorry for letting you down, we can just leave and head back home." I start to stand up, "We can just lea-" The waitress comes back.

"Here's your waters!" She sits the glasses of water on the table, "Are we ready to order, or do you need extra time?"

I opened my mouth to speak but Cory spoke first.

"Yessim we are ready! I would like to take your baked catfish with a baked sweet potato."

"Got it!" She turned to me, "And for you?"

Cory looked at me raising her eyebrows, I feel pressured and I don't like it.

"I'll just have the same thing she ordered. Thanks."

The waitress took our menus and walked away.

"See? Now was that so hard? You'll be fine."

"I don't like being pressured into things Cory."

"Get over it, tonight is our night!" 

A few minutes of talking and being in a pissy mood later the food comes. The plate was so hot it burned the tip of my fingers when I went to push it away from me. All I can think about is the amount of calories packed on this plate in front of my face. It's just so disgusting and I feel ashamed of myself. I watched Cory stuff her mouth with baked sweet potato. She looked up at me to check on me. 

"It's been 10 minutes and you haven't even touched your plate!"

"It's harder than you think.."

"Baby, just one bite. For me please? Just one bite then we can ask for the bill."

I sighed, "No, we don't have to leave because of me. I want you to enjoy yourself."

"I am enjoying myself but I'd enjoy myself more if I saw you making progress on that plate. Dig in before it gets cold!"

I picked up the fork as she watched me. I put it into the sweet potato, then closed my eyes. I knew I was going to regret this, but I don't care. I need to show my parents how much better I am without them. With this state of mind, I took a bite. It tasted so good, I went in for 3 more. Cory's face lit up as she cleared her plate.

As I was eating I looked up and saw Anne with some new guy I've never seen before. Another one of her victims I guess. She looked up at me and saw me, then started making her way over to me. She approached me and looked me up and down.

"I can't believe my twin sister is now a dyke."

"Yeah well at least I'm not a sugar baby."

"You ruined my life you know that?"

"Oh I ruined your perfect life at home with your parents who love you so much?"

"Is this the prison bitch I've been hearing about?"

Cory looked up at Anne, "We were having a great night." she says.

"Does it look like I give a FUCK about your night? Or about you as a whole?"

"Just fuck off already Anne." I said.

Anne took my drink of water and dumped it on my head.

"You really should've cut yourself deep enough to where it killed you."

Just then Cory got enough rage in her to take off her heel and hit Anne right in the head with it. It knocked her over. As she fell she pulled Cory on top of her. Cory punched Anne over and over breaking her nose. I rushed over and pulled Cory off of her. Anne laid there on the ground with a bloody scarred up face.

I left enough money on the table to pay for the bill and rushed Cory out of there. I dragged her out to the parking lot, she pushed her arm out of my grip.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I asked, "You could've gone to jail!"

"I WASN'T GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET HER ABUSE YOU SARAH! SHE DESERVES TO ROT IN HELL! AND SHE DESERVED A HELLUVA LOT MORE THAN WHAT I DID TO HER!"

"Let's just go before the police or someone arrives."

Inside the restaurant Anne lays there with a chipped tooth and blood pouring out of her nose and head where the heel hit. She was rushed to the hospital unconscious and unresponsive..