♩↝u call me on the telephone

.             ⋆            ⁚        +   ·         。

◊        ·   ♪      .           ·   .      ✵         .

·  ✧.     ·      chap. one      ·  .       ♬

·             ○  .        ·    .       ♫     ⁚      *

⁕      ‥      ·        ∗         .   °     +        ·

na jaemin was hella dead inside.

it was summertime, which meant bright sun and loud laughter and happiness shining all around. but it also meant it was hard to coordinate plans with friends who had other plans and friends. this would ultimately result in countless lazy days in which there was nothing to do.

he was lying idly on his bed, lazily scrolling and tapping on his phone, switching between apps such as instagram, snapchat, youtube, random games, and back to the start of the cycle again.

of course, the caramel-haired boy was thankful school was over. senior year was complete, applications to universities were already sent in, some had even replied and accepted him, so all he had to was wait until he could move out and attend his first year.

however, he felt downcast. he was well aware that high school friends and relationships barely ever last into university, and he didn't want to let go of his friends.

jaemin wasn't the nervous type. he liked to be in control, and often times, he was.

but this milestone, leaping from senior year of high school to first-year university was a crucial one, and he was scared he wouldn't make the distance.

blankly gazing at shitty memes and cooking and baking videos, he sighed. the internet was stupid, hardly anything of good content on it. even memes started to fail him.

ruffling his dyed hair, he sat up and looked around his room, desperate for something to better pass the time.

until suddenly, his phone produced a melodious tune, screen disappearing and replaced with the contact picture of the most attractive person jaemin had ever seen, and the buttons [accept] or [decline].

jaemin's heart automatically began racing, his senses and mind hyper-alert, and he swiped accept on instinct, holding the phone to his ear.

"hello?" he spoke softly, waiting in anticipation to see what the hot boy on the other end of the line wanted. a spark ignited in him, and thoughts of boredom vanished.

"baby," the other replied, voice deep. "how are you? it's been a while, huh?"