Chapter 2: Istar

Mysty Pov

The light died down, only for us to see a blackened figure of the pig we've grown to love. He didn't look like much now, but he still looks like the Hawk who would always eat the leftovers in the Boar Hat. That pig that Meliodas would threaten into making a roasted pig. He's overcooked now.

His figure fell sideways, inaudible screams echoing around me.

"Idiot," I muttered under my breath as I weakly got up from the ground. I held my scythe with my weak hand, its blade on the floor. I dragged it, my legs forcing myself to stumble towards Hendrickson.

"I wasted my power on a farm animal," he sighed. "Oh, well. I guess there's two more souls leaving the world today."

He looked straight at me, a smirk forming on his face.

"We're not done just yet, bastard." I growled at him. "I'm the sin of death and I will be the cause of yours."

I flew towards him with great speed and swung my scythe with both hands, slashing his body a bunch of times. He blocked my scythe's blade and punched my right in the gut, sending my flying up in the air. I forced myself to fly back down faster and slashed Hendrickson's arm off.

He screamed, eyes closing because of the unbearable pain he's feeling. I went to chop off his other arm when he suddenly caught my blade again and threw me hard down into the ground. I panted heavily, my hands letting go of my blade.

When I looked up, his arm was regenerating back. And not long after, it was like his arms was never chopped off. This cannot be possible.

What did he do to that demon that made him to invincible? I know the weaknesses of demons, but him? It's like he's a totally different specimen.

He's cold and ruthless. He will do anything to get to his objective. And that's to take Elizabeth away.

My eyes widened.

I looked back to see Elizabeth still in her knees of the ground as she watched me and Hendrickson fight. Her eyes were wide and it seemed like she hasn't blinked the whole time. What is she still doing her?

"Elizabeth..." I managed to croak out, but I knew she didn't hear me. "....run."

"Save your breath," Hendrickson said, which made me turn to look at him. "Though, you will not be needing it anymore."

His eyes were dull and expressionless, like he's not even interested on what's happening right now. I really hate this guy's guts.

I reached for my scythe and grabbed hold of it, weakly standing up to my feet. I forced my weak legs to stand up as the blade of my scythe collided with the ground. I held the handle weakly, my good eyes looking at Hendrickson's demonic figure.

"Dark Nebula!"

He casted that damn spell again. I prepared for the impact, accepting my fate. But instead of the dark bubble going for me, it flew right past me and went straight for Elizabeth. My eyes widened, my hand dropping my scythe. I ran after the bubble quickening my pace. I ignored the pain shooting on both of my legs and forced myself to go faster.

Elizabeth. Save Elizabeth. No matter what the cost.

That's all that has been running around my head as I went full speed. I'm not letting her die or fall into the hands of Hendrickson who has plans in starting another Holy War. I cannot let the people I love die in front of my eyes. Not again.

And just right in time, I got in front of Elizabeth. The bubble hit my figure, my body slowly turning black. Looking at Elizabeth who is now crying in front of me, I kneeled down on both knees and smiled at her.