Chapter 9: Into Reality

Mysty Pov

Zaneri led me, Meliodas, and Elizabeth into the cave of trials to assist us in getting what we came here for. Obviously, there's tension between Zaneri and Elizabeth. What I'm confused about is why Zaneri continuously looked at me with a slightly please, slightly disturbed look.

What is it that she want from me?

As we entered the darkness inside the cave, Zaneri stopped in right in front of us with her back turned. "Who shall go first?" She asked.

Elizabeth, Meliodas, and I all looked at each other when she asked. "I'll go first." I said, finding my own voice speaking up before I could even think.

"Very well," Zaneri finally turned her face to us and held her arms up. "You will have to pass the trial to be given to you in order to get your powers and memories back. It will not be easy since it is to judge whether or not you're ready to carry your responsibility again as the Eighth sin."

"I'm pretty sure I'm still the same person I am when I had full capacity of my powers. I'll be able to hold of just fine." I grinned at her, trying to maintain a calm atmosphere around the darkness we're surrounded in.

Zaneri looked at me with her emerald eyes filled with pity and sadness. "It is a very difficult and painful trial, Mysty. You could die." She says.

"Well, I need to prove my worth, right? So, no one's dying today or tomorrow." I smiled comfortingly. "Bring it."

She sighed, bowing her head down as her outstretched arms started to glow white, then the glow surrounded her whole figure.

"Dorukimoto hekatokobe omunorea. Kieto!" She chanted.

Suddenly, the ground below me grinned a deep blue, blinding my eyes from seeing her or Elizabeth and Meliodas. I closed my eyes, lifting my arms up to shield them from the bright light as it glow brighter.

When I opened my eyes once again, I found myself standing in the middle of a cobblestone path in the middle of a kingdom. I looked up at the castle and saw the crest of a very familiar kingdom. Danafor.

"I've been looking all over the kingdom for you, Mysty."

I turned around to see Meliodas standing there, wearing the same uniform as I was with Danafor's crest on the chest part. He smiled at me, reaching out his gauntlet-covered hand for me to take.

"Come on, Liz went ahead to the picnic spot." He says.

Liz?

I felt my head throb upon hearing that name, and I flinched as my hand flew up to grip on my hair.

"Mysty?" He took a step forward, holding my wrist gently to take my hand away and checked my head himself. "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine." I smiled, now remembering what happened here in Danafor. "Come on, we can't keep her waiting."

He pouted at me, but led me to the picnic spot anyway without asking any more questions.

Danafor, the place where Meliodas, Liz, and I lived in peace protecting the citizens in the kingdom. Did Jenna tell me something about remembering real memories during the trial?

"Oh, Mysty! Meliodas!"

I heard her voice after so many years. My eyes teared up as I looked up to see the magenta-haired female waving at us with a big smile on her face as she stood beside the picnic blanket she probably set up.

Picnics, we used to do those things whenever we have vacant time.

"Come on, let's go! I'm famished!" Meliodas dragged me towards the field and laughed when he saw me stumble from the sudden tug.