Chapter 4: Farewell, For Now

Merlin Pov

"Good, I'll go first!" The most buff man out of the three smirked while cracking his tanned knuckles.

"Hold up." Hawk finally finished eating and turned to Dogedo. "Magic: two-hundred ninety, combat: four-hundred ninety, spirit: one-hundred. A total power level of eight-hundred and sixty."

"What's with this pig?" Dogedo leaned down to get a better look of the pink pig.

"Sorry, he's a bit full of himself." Meliodas said.

"Not bad at all." Hawk grinned. "But in the end, you're no match for me. I'll send in Meliodas to fight instead."

"That was the idea all along." Mysty sweat-dropped. "What's up with you?"

"The new earring the Captain of Leftovers Disposal. It's a Magical Eye, isn't it?" Gowther asked me bluntly.

I briefly folded my arms over my chest and nodded. "Yes, it's a present from me. It's a small gift of gratitude for the key figure of saving the kingdom." I said, referring the Balor's Magical Eye.

"Come at me anytime." Meliodas said.

"Eh, Captain, don't be too mean." Diane leaned down, getting a little concerned for the Pleiades.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Captain said smugly.

Dogedo charged with his gigantic, stone-hard fists. Captain easily blocked all of his fast attacks swiftly, and even had enough time to evaluate his movements.

As a counter attack, Captain simply elbowed his face. Dogedo face-planted down the rough ground and slid a little farther away from us.

"Is that all you've got? The wouldn't even hurt a fly." He rose back up to his feet, his back facing Captain's. "To be defeated by this, I guess Hendrickson and Dreyfus weren't that big of a deal. After all, those two were just weak substitutes after the previous Great Holy Knight's unexpected death. They couldn't become Great Holy Knights on their own merit."

"And you call yourself a worthy opponent?" Mysty muttered under her breath.

"I have no intention of defending them, but they would've taken you out in a blink of an eye." Captain looked over his shoulder to look at Dogedo's broad back. Not too long, he turned back around to face our short Captain.

"What?!"

"I don't know what happened to lead them down such a foolish path, but from what I knew about them, they were Holy Knights with their hearts set on doing the right thing, as well as having the strength to achieve that goal." Captain said. "You may have strength, but you're severely lacking in here."

He pointed his thumb to the area where a human heart is located.

"Ridiculous! A Holy Knight needs but only one thing!" Dogedo yelled back in anger. "And that is the overwhelming power to pulverize their enemy!"

He proceeded on sending punches towards the Captain. But instead of dodging them like last time, Captain blocked all of his blows with just one hand. He didn't flinch, he didn't lose his grip on the ground. He just showed a bit of his own power to him. Once Dogedo stopped punching, his fingers were already dislocated.

"The fight has been decided." Gowther said from beside me.

"You should start as an apprentice Holy Knight." Captain smiled up at him. Dogedo was infuriated and roared down in front of him, but Captain simply smacked his forehead and sent him back rolling to Deathpierce and Waillo.

"You can't be serious. Those numbers on Meliodas are too high! Magic: four-hundred, combat: nine-hundred sixty, spirit: two-thousand and ten. A total of three-thousand, three-hundred and seventy!" Hawk exclaimed.