Chapter 8: Monspeet

Mysty Pov

We're starting to look for Diane with Mama Hawk serving as our way of transportation, as always. We all stood outside the tavern, our eyes peeled for any sight of the violet-eyed giant who wandered off earlier.

Based on what King told me, he's back from wherever he went, by the way, Diane doesn't seem to remember him at all. I have a feeling that a certain four-eyes was behind her memory loss.

"Still not talking to Sir Meliodas?"

I looked over my shoulder to see Elizabeth standing there with a small smile on her face. Her visible eye showed concern and a hint of sadness when I looked into them. It's almost as if she feared this day when Meliodas and I are not on speaking terms.

"I'm sorry if it's making you feel uncomfortable, Elizabeth." I apologized, turning my body around to face her completely. "I guess I was more mad at myself than to him. When I saw him get hurt by Galand, I couldn't handle it. I mean, yeah, I can't remember him, but I had this feeling in my chest that he's someone dear and important to me. His arms were literally chopped off!"

She giggled, lifting a fist to her face ever so lightly. "You always care for him, even with your memories of him gone." She said. "It feels like you two have a connection of some sort."

"Don't say such nonsense." I huffed. "They did say that I'm best friends with him, so that must be the reason why."

"Mama Hawk! We need to stop!" Meliodas suddenly yelled from the front porch of the tavern. In an instant, the giant green pig stopped from marching like Meliodas ordered her to do so.

I suddenly felt three powerful beings a good distance away from us, but I can feel the intense blood-thirst coming miles away from our location.

Two of those beings are strangely familiar, almost as if I'm used to feeling their powers on a daily basis before. There's no doubt that those two are part of the Commandments, too.

"'Monspeet and Galand." Meliodas and I blurted out at the same time, causing us to look at each other. Before anything else gets going, I quickly turned away from him and looked at the place where I felt that immense power.

"The other presence," I mumbled, "feels like someone with the strength of a giant. Could it be Diane?"

Wait, no.

Diane may be powerful, but this one is on a whole new level. No doubt, though. This being is a giant.

"I think tha—"

I stopped myself from talking any further when I felt him looking at out direction. He spotted us.

By the looks of it, it seems like King, Meliodas, Slader, and Merlin noticed, too. Merlin's orb managed to display an image of her, like a hologram to replace her original form for the meantime.

"They seem to have noticed us." She said.

"And it was him of all people that noticed us." Meliodas said, his eyebrows knitting together.

"He summoned a Hellfire Bird." I told him, even though I wasn't in the mood to talk to him after the argument, he's the best person to tell this about since we both are demons.

"Mama Hawk! Change direction and run at full speed!" He ordered the giant green pig we're standing on. He turned to me with serious eyes and asked, "You think he summoned that to check if we're alive?"

"That's the most probable thought." I said. "Seeing as Galand is with him."

The Hellfire Bird changed trajectory and followed Mama Hawk. I forgot about that little detail. "I've got no choice but to use Full Counter." Meliodas said.