Chapter 5: A Suitor

Meliodas Pov

"Good morning!" I greeted everyone the moment I reached the bottom of the stairs, seeing Diane, Merlin, Gowther, and Hawk by the stools. "Where's Mysty?"

They all turned to look around the place, trying to look for the said woman. "Maybe she's still asleep in her room?" Merlin said.

"That's odd," I mumbled.

I went back upstairs to check her room, only to see it neat and almost empty. Her spell book is gone along with the potions she brewed on her workspace. Her weapons are nowhere to be found, too.

The bed was surprisingly tidied up and patted down, like no one used it last night. "Did she leave?" I muttered.

"Nothing?"

I turned to the door to see both Diane and Merlin standing there, both looking around the room to find any sign of her.

"Nothing," I confirmed. "And it seems like she didn't sleep last night, either. Do you have any idea where she could've gone to?"

Merlin shook her head, telling me that she has no idea. Though, Diane acted weirdly and squirmed uncomfortably on her spot beside the doorframe. "Diane?" I asked her.

She jumped when I called her. As always, she's not the best liar out of all of us. "I....." she trailed off.

"Where is she?" I asked her.

"I don't know." She mumbled.

"Please tell me the truth." I sighed. "Where is she?"

"I promise, I don't know!" She exclaimed. "All I know is that she left last night."

She gasped, covering her mouth with both hands. Her eyes were wide, too. "She left last night? Without telling me?" I muttered. "Sorry for intimidating you. I was just worried."

"It's okay, Captain." She said. "Let's just have faith on her. She'll come back."

"I sure hope so." I mumbled.

•••

Mysty Pov

"As always, Diane can never keep secrets." I chuckled, looking down as the faint replayed image of the three of them inside my room. I was just walking through the fields when I decided to see what was going on, and sure enough, Diane was a nervous wreck.

This is the reason why I never told her where I'm going in the first place. No matter how hard she tries, she can't keep her mouth shut once she's caught. With a sigh, I swiped at the image and let it fade away.

Since I started travelling in my own, my head gets in more pain than before. I don't know how far I can go on my own with a massive headache and noodle legs. How did I even come up with the idea of going alone?

It has been days since I left the tavern and went off to journey on my own towards Istar. I gotta say, I'm starting to miss them and the familiar smell of ale around the tavern. It never failed to make me feel like home.

"Seems like you need a little help."

I looked up from the blades of grass below me, seeing the familiar black spiky hair and dull eyes I've last seen so long ago.

Why is he here?

How did he find me?

What does he want?

"Zeldris," I scoffed. "It's true that you're free, then."

"Yes, I am free from when the Commandments and I were sealed away for three-thousand years. Surely, you know the reason to that?" He took a few steps closer to me, making me halt on my tracks.