44.

Steve and Natasha watched as Thor summoned thunder and Carol used her powers to hit the stone. They all watched intently to see if anything was about to happen. Shuri had explained to them that the intense amount of power that was hitting the stone should help reverse Thanos's curse. 

Carol was very powerful and Thor's new weapon was very powerful as well. Together the two should have been able to reverse the effects. However, when they both stopped shooting the stone nothing had happened. Not even a crack in the stone. 

"I don't understand. My calculations were completely accurate. This should have worked!" Shuri yelled in frustration. She rubbed her head and turned away from the group. 

"We need more power," Thor stated. 

"How are suppose to do that? There is no one else here with the power." Tony said. He was very frustrated at this point. Everyone was. They thought they finally had it but they were far from close. 

"There has to be someone. If we don't find someone that none of this is going to work!" Shuri yelled. No one has ever heard the queen scream yet so they were all a little taken back by the scream. 

"Scott what about you?  does your suit have any secrete abilities?" Steve asked Scott. 

"Not, not that I know of." He answered. "What if I turn big and then smash the stone? Would that work out?" 

"That's not going to work." Thor said. "the stone is too powerful you can't simply smash it with your hand." 

"Carol, are you using all the power you have? Maybe you guys aren't trying hard enough." Shuri said but Thor and Carol shook their heads. 

"It's not us. We are just not powerful enough." Carol said. "I used all the power I had and I know I can't give you any more." 

"And I was using all the lightning I could generate along with the ax. There is no use unless we get someone else nothing will work." Thor sighed in defeat. It almost sounded as if they were all going to give up. 

The area was silent. No one wanted to give up but what could they do? They were thrown in a corner and any solution would have to involve someone else, which they don't have. Thanos has really hurt the team. 

"No, we can't give up! I won't give up. There has to be another way! There has to be! There has to be another way!" Shuri was rambling and her eyes stung with tears. She was so determined to get it to work and get her brother back but if they didn't get someone else than her brother would be lost from her forever. 

"Face it! We are done! Thanos told us we could never defeat him and he was right! We can't fix everything." Bruce said. 

"We aren't giving up! There are still so many people out there suffering and we aren't about to run away from them!" Steve yelled, everyone was starting to raise their own voices yelling at one another. 

"Well, what do you expect us to do!" Tony yelled. "This plan is useless and it won't work!" 

"It's not going to work if you give up. Which by the looks of it is what are doing right now." Steve said. 

"My attitude has nothing to do with it, Rogers. And for the record, I am not giving up. I want to get them back more than you but we can't do anything right now unless we have answers and we can't get answers if we are all screaming at each other." Tony said in frustration. 

"So what you want to drop it all? Take a four-year break? No. We are not going to give up even for a second. We won't abandon them. They are suffering." Steve yelled.