Chapter 3

I'm waking up with a slight pain in my neck. I've got to change my pillow.

After I make my bed and finish in the bathroom, I join everyone for breakfast.

"So Oliv... How was last night? I heard you came back late." My mom asked. This is the only place where I can stay up really late because it's a small village, everyone knows each other and the garage is right next to my grandma's house.

"It was great actually. I had a really nice time." I didn't want to get into the details.

"So, are you planning on going again this evening?" She continued. No one else was talking but they weren't exactly turning their attention to me.

"I don't know. Probably. I want to spend as much time as I can with all cousins because I haven't seen them in two years and God knows when we'll get together again."

"Great, great... Uhm... Will Hero be there?" She asked carefully looking at me from the side. I was a bit annoyed with her question and didn't know where it was coming from. Does she know something?

"I don't know and I don't particularly care." This was a bit harsh but she really hit my nerves. Why am I getting all angry when his name comes up? I don't care if he'll come. I don't even care about anything that has to do with him... I don't!

After breakfast, I ended up on the field like every other morning. Here, you can never run out of work to do.

While I'm leaving all of the equipment in the storage outside of the house I hear two familiar voices talking to each other.
I wasn't going to eardrop but when I saw that it was Hero talking with one of the guys from last night I stayed to hear what was going on. It was stronger than me, what can I do...

"So what's going on with you and Oliv? I saw you last night, I can tell there was something between you two." Marco had a smug look on his face. There's nothing going on between us, we were just having a nice conversation. How many times do I need to repeat this?

"Me and Oliv? Come on man you know me better than that. She's so not my type. Plus she's really boring, always talking about the sky and that stuff. Thank God Finn called me to go home or else I wouldn't be able to get rid of her." What the actual hell?? My mouth had dropped to the floor. It took every bit of energy I had in my body to prevent me from going there and yelling at him until I lose my voice.
Is he freaking kidding me???
I'm boring?! Then why the hell did he even stay talking to me?? He's not a good guy, he would have no problem telling me to leave him alone!
Gee, he's such a liar! Ugh, I hate him!!!

I waited for them to leave so they wouldn't see I was there. I still can't believe how stupid I was.

I actually believed Hero was a decent human being when in reality he's just one of those shallow guys who only care for one thing and that's how to get a girl in his bed.

That's it. I tried being nice to him and even gave him a chance to look at what he's done and maybe change but he clearly didn't deserve it so I will have no problem crossing him out of my life. I don't want people like that around me. He'll crush me if I let him get closer to me. I just know it... 

Soon enough night has come and I found myself in a situation where I wasn't sure if I should go on the garage or not. There was no doubt I wanted to hang out with most of them but if Hero came my night would be ruined. No, I will not let that happen. He's a nobody in my life and my mood won't fall just because of him being there.

I'm going, the end of the discussion.

I tie my hair up into a high ponytail and put on some light jeans and a simple white T-shirt. After I'm done with that I put on my sneakers and I am ready to go.