Chapter 7

(New chapter, as promised. Enjoy!)

Not knowing what to do this morning, I found my way to the old garage. It's a peaceful place during the day and full of life during the night.

I like to come here when nobody's watching and just write. I have found that it is where I get the most inspiration from. Looking at the Sun rising through the bunch of leaves covering the long branches of the trees surrounding me gives me the inner peace I need to fill those blank pages.

Don't let anybody tell you that you need to keep up with the new technology and write on your laptop or tablet or whatever. What you need to do is pick up that pen and move your hand leaving the beautiful marks of letters forming those amazing sentences made in your mind. It is the best way of writing and it always will be.

I was filling one page after another, losing the track of time. I haven't even noticed that someone has been closely watching me from afar.

Just as I'm finished with yet another page, my concentration is interrupted with my favorite notebook being taken from my hands. Before I can even comprehend what was going on, I could hear the words I was forming in my head and writing down on these yellow pages of an old notebook being read out loud.

"She watched as that old coffin was being taken down into the ground with disbelief. You would think that if you lived your life with full lungs and helped others, that someone would care enough to show up at your last physical appearance on this Earth but you would be wrong.

As my mother was being put into her grave, all I could think about was how ungrateful everyone she ever knew was. She did nothing but nurture every single moment she had on this world and all they did was take and take from her kindness never giving anything in return..."  Those words sounded so much different in my head. Maybe because they weren't meant to be featured by a male voice.

"Hero stop it!" I got up trying to get that book out of his hand, out of his sight. 

He held me in place not giving me the chance to do what I wanted.

"Did you write this?" He looked at me curiously.

"It doesn't matter, now can you please give it back???"

"You did write it, didn't you?" There it is, that smile of his, but I'm surprised that it wasn't judgemental, it was just... kind?

"Yes I did and I would really much have appreciated it if you didn't read any more of it." I stopped resisting him and just looked into his eyes hoping that it would have some impact on him.

"This is really good." His eyes softened a little bit.

"Yeah right..." I was now looking at my feet. I wasn't usually that self-conscience of my work but this piece is out of my comfort zone. Most of the things I have written so far were love stories and romance novels but this one is different. This one is about the struggle of losing somebody and about excepting the world through different eyes. I still haven't even decided if I wanted anyone to see it and now he comes along and all of my self-esteem goes down.

"I'm serious. This is so good! I would really love to read more of it if you would allow me." He's now giving me that little book full of my thoughts back.

"I'm...I'm not ready for anyone to read it yet." My eyes are still on the ground when I feel his hand just beneath my chin lifting it up to look at him.

"Well, whenever you're ready, I'll be waiting. And don't think you'll get rid of me that fast, I'm not forgetting about this." My pulse is quickening by every second our contact lasts. His eyes look deep into mine and I feel like I could melt any second now. It is so weird, I have never felt like this before.

His eyes move to my lips and I know what is coming. I think I know what's coming?

As he starts moving closer my mind feels like it's going to explode. Oh, my God, is he really going to kiss me? What should I do? My thoughts are all over the place and I have no idea how to react.

Just as his lips were to touch mine, I turned my head to the side. 

"Uhm, I'm sorry I..." I start to say but I'm interrupted.

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have... I guess I misread the signs or whatever..." Now he was the one looking everywhere but at me.

"No no no, it's not that..." He looks up at me confused.  "It's not that I don't want to kiss you it's just that... I don't know how..." I'm so embarrassed right now and I so wish the ground would swallow me but for real this time.

"Wait, what?"I can see relief and amusement in his eyes. The dangerous combination if you ask me.  "You've never been kissed?" Is he seriously enjoying torturing me like this? Who am I kidding, of course he is, he's Hero. I'm amused by this thought.

I shake my head again instead of answering his question.

"You mean to tell me that not one guy has ever tried to kiss you before?" There's a smile on his face but nothing mean, just a smile... And of course, the disbelief in his eyes is still there. You can see it by how big his eyes still are.

"Yeah yeah, joke around as much as you want." I swat at his arm, not meaning anything of it.

"No noo, I'm not messing around with you I'm just surprised that no one has tried to kiss you before. You're so smart and funny and beautiful... It just came as a surprise to me, that's all." Does he really think all of this? 

"It's not that nobody has ever tried, it's that all of them were jerks ... I never wanted to kiss any of them before." I can't believe I'm having this conversation with Hero. I'm just so glad that he said what he said...

"Before?" Am I delusional or is he being insecure?

"Yeah...before... "

"Which means..." Is he really going to pull every word out of me?

"Yes Hero, I want to kiss you." I say with a big smile. He managed to take all my confidence and give it back in just a few minutes. Impressive.

There was no more doubt in his eyes, just happiness.

"But I... don't know how..." I say once again and let me tell you, no matter how many times I say it, it will never stop being weird.

"That's okay. Just relax and leave the rest to me." He smiled once again. I SWEAR THAT SMILE WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME.

His hands were now on the sides of my neck. His gaze was so strong that I couldn't look away. I get lost in those eyes every time they meet mine and I feel like that will never stop being the case. He was moving closer to me and the panic I had not so long ago was not all there. Having this talk with him and him saying all those beautiful things just made me trust him more.

When he was just inches from my face I felt the urge to close my eyes. I guess that's what you're supposed to do? Not even seconds later I felt his warm lips against mine. It felt like two worlds colliding. 

His lips were so soft that I regret not having this moment earlier. He slowly moves them against mine and it was the best feeling ever. I don't want this moment to end, ever...

(Please like and comment if you like it!)