Chapter 5

As soon as the words came out of my mouth I started bawling my eyes out. I couldn't stop the tears, I didn't want to stop them.
All I wanted was to get back to my childhood when everything was so simple.
Why does this have to happen?

I was crying uncontrollably. My hands were hiding my face as I brought my knees to the chest.
At that moment I felt Hero's strong arms wrap around me and I wanted to stay like that forever.
He was comforting as much as he could but... There wasn't much he could do.

"Shhh... It's gonna be okay." I heard him whisper but there's nothing I could do to make myself believe that. Nothing...

When I finally caught some breath I found myself feeling vulnerable. I don't want anyone seeing me like this. What am I doing?

I pulled away from Hero, my face still being red and covered with tears.
"Can you please go?" His face was now covered with a frown.

"What?"

"I want to be alone." My eyes couldn't meet his.

"I can't leave you here alone after what just happened." He was talking slowly. Like he was afraid to break me.

"Please, just leave." I raised my voice even tho I didn't mean to, my eyes still on the floor.

"Fine." There it is again, his cold voice... But I don't care.
I don't want to be around anyone right now. I just want to crawl into my bed and cry, all day...

Hero got up from the couch and rushed outside closing the door with a loud noise.
As soon as he left I grabbed my phone.
I kept reading the messages I got from my mom over and over again.

06:14 - "Honey are you awake?"

06:15 - "Uncle Jeff passed away this morning..."

10:29 - "We are at the funeral, we didn't wake you because we know you're too young for something as emotional."

12:52 - "I called Mrs. Miller, if you need anything until we get back you can call them. "

I didn't even notice the tears forming again and finding their way down my cheeks.
I give up. I can't fight it.

So that's how my day went. I layed in my bed crying and remembering every single memory I had with my uncle.

______

Hero's P.O.V.

That's what I get for being nice. Who the fuck does she think she is?! I went there to help her just so she could throw me out?!
Naah, that is not how this goes. I'm never coming near her again.

My subconscious reminds me that this is only my anger talking but I don't want to agree. I want to be angry at her.
I've never had any trouble being angry at someone but she just comes out of nowhere and suddenly I have a subconscious?? What's happening to me??

As soon as I step inside the house I can hear my Nana's voice, I assume from the kitchen.
"Hero is that you?"

"Yeah." I head to my room not wanting to talk to anyone when she calls for me again.

"Can you please come here for a minute?" I want to curse at her for not leaving me the fuck alone but I can't... She's my nana...
"What?" I look at her taking some kind of cookies out of the oven.

"Where have you been?"

"Nowhere." She looks at me scanning my face to realize that I'm in no mood for chit-chat and I'm grateful for that.

"Could you please take these to Oliv and see how she's doing?" She asks carefully putting fresh-baked cookies into a small box.

"Hell no!" No way I'm going back there!