Chapter 9

I'm waking up with a big smile on my face. I have a boyfriend. Hero is my boyfriend. This thought still brings me happiness even after a week of us being together.

I don't know how I got to this point but I'm glad I did. I remember always dreaming of my first boyfriend and my first kiss... It was definitely not this difficult in my dreams but I don't complain. I know that REAL relationships are nothing like our imagination so I'm glad that things are going as good as they are.

You are probably wondering how is us always fighting good... We do fight a lot but we always make-up. And how could we not fight this much? We have known each other for almost two weeks now. That is not a long period of time and I know I always bring it up, but it really can affect all that is going on with us. I hope that eventually when we really get to know each other we won't fight as much, that we will understand one another.

As soon as I have my breakfast I take my phone and text Hero.

-Do you wanna go for a swim?-

It is too hot to do anything other than that. I think it's probably about 40 degrees outside. I'm melting.

-I'll pick you up in 10, be ready.-

I put on my bathing suit pleased with his answer. I realize that we don't have the infinity to hang out due to the fact that we will both have to go home eventually but I want to use this time that we have together as much as I can.

I cover myself up with a light dress and put on some slippers and I am ready to go.

Just as I got out of the house I could hear Hero's motorcycle coming towards me.

He takes off his helmet to kiss me and I don't want him to stop, but I also don't want my parents to see this because I'm not so into telling them. I mean I have no problem with them knowing I just don't want to explain everything.

"Hey beautiful." He gives me the most adorable smile I have ever seen.

"So we have already started with nicknames?" We both laugh a bit before he gives me another helmet and I sit behind him.

I think I'm never going to get used to the speed of this thing. Just like the first time, I'm surprised and I hug Hero tighter than before. I can feel his chest moving in a laugh and I'm glad that he's relaxed around me. That was my intention from the day we first met.

As I replay that day in my head we seem to have already gotten to the pools.

„We're here." He just confirms my thoughts.

„What are you thinking about?" I heard him ask as we lay a blanket under the nearest tree.

„The day we met." He looks at me curiously raising his eyebrow for me to continue. „It seems so long ago when it was really twelve days ago."

„Yeah it does, doesn't it?"

„You were so trying not to laugh at me that it was even appealing." I smile remembering how tough he wanted to look like.

„Was not!" He acts offended but his grin betrays him.

„Yes you were! I could see you were amused by my 'knowledge' of soccer but I guess it was more important to keep up that bad boy vibe."

„Bad boy vibe you say." His smile is not getting off of his face while we lay next to each other.

„You know, I admit, it was so hard not to laugh at how clumsy you were."

„Hey!" I swat at his arm which only makes him laugh harder.

Once I get out of his reach I run towards the water.

„The last one to get in is buying ice cream!"

„Not fair you had a head-start!" I run as fast as I can, hoping that I caught him off guard just enough to actually win. My thoughts are not answered when I feel his arms around my waist.

As he lifts me up and over his shoulders, I can't stop laughing. Is this how it should be in a relationship because I love it!

He kept running with me on his back and when we got to the water, he jumped in, taking me down with him. It was so much fun that I felt like, for the first time in my life, I had the ACTUAL fun time. It made all of the other things seem small.

I love this bubble of ours and I wish it would never break.

The day flew by fast as anything good does and we sat on that red blanket under the big tree watching the sunset with his hand wrapped around me. I think this is the image I will never forget...

„Khm, hey... I think we need to talk about something." I could see the concern in his eyes and it was like I felt that the storm was coming. No matter how clear the sky was, the storm was coming into our lives.

„Yeah, what's wrong?" There was that frown forming on my forehead once again.

„I didn't want to...well I didn't think you needed to know this but giving that Finn knows the two of us are together I'm certain he's going to try everything to change your mind about me and this is probably one of the things he's going to mention so I figured it would be better if I tell you myself." What is he talking about? He's avoiding my eye contact and my anticipation grows by every second of him being silent.

„What Hero?" I don't know what to expect. Is it really something bad or is he just making it look worse than it is?

„You are not my first girlfriend and..." Okay...this I assumed?

„So?"

„I... every girlfriend I ever had broken up with me..." Why is he stopping so much? They broke up with him, so what?

„Because I cheated on them." There it is.

„What?" I don't know what to make from this. If I expected anything, this was certainly not it.

„It's complicated. I-"

„Wait. So you are telling me that you cheated on EVERY girlfriend you ever had?" Is he serious? What are we doing then? I'm not going to sit here and wait for someone to cheat on me. If there is one thing I can't forgive then that's cheating.

„Yes but-"

„Hero." I stop him. „Then what are we doing?"

„What do you mean?"

„I'm not going to just sit here and wait for you to cheat on me." I say my thoughts out loud but this time they sound much harsher than in my head.

„I'm not going to cheat on you." I want to believe him but there's this voice of caution in my head that tells me otherwise.

After a few moments of silence, I finally say something, surprising both of us.

„I think we rushed into this..." All of the fears I had up until today are coming out.

„What?" I can see defeat in his eyes. He knows what I'm trying to say but won't except it.

„We can't be together... This is all too fast... It is not going to work. We have no idea about each other, we can't build a relationship with no foundation..." And just as I say those words I realize the meaning of them myself. I don't want to admit it, just like he doesn't but we both know I'm right. This has been bothering me for what it seems to be a long time and I need to accept it.

My eyes are filling with tears but I'm not letting them out. I don't want to cry anymore. When I look at Hero all I can see is shock. Written all over his face.

„Oliv, please don't do this." His voice cracks which breaks a piece of my heart.

„I'm sorry." I get up and leave, running uphill losing every inch of my breath but I would rather think about my lack of breath than about what just happened. I didn't have a boyfriend for more than two weeks and I already broke up with him. Amazing.

New chapter! I know it's unexpected but I promised to post more often so here it is! I hope you enjoy it. Please like and comment!