Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Allan had just ended his phone call with Juliana when his brother came out of the shower with a towel slung over his hips and another slung around his neck as he strolled into the kitchen where his brother was standing.

          "What are you doing?" Aidan asked suspiciously.

          "Nothing" he replied with a smug expression.

Aidan's eyes dropped to the phone lying on the kitchen counter in front of Allan as he realized exactly what his brother had been up to, furious eyes swung up to Allan's.

          "You didn't" he growled low. His brother smirked and that set him off, he went flying over the counter at his brother.

Allan's eyes widened as his brother came at him so fast he couldn't even blink. They ended up on the kitchen floor in a tangle of flailing limbs as they wrestled around until Aidan got the upper hand straddling his brother, hands locked around his neck.

          "She is mine" he grumbled fiercely.

Allan worked one of his arms loose enough to elbow him in the neck, he stumbled back gasping.

          "That's where you're wrong brother... I saw her first" he growled at Aidan as he too stumbled to his feet.

Breathing hard they glared angrily at each other, as the snarled like wild beasts at each other.

          "That's bullshit! that doesn't count" Aidan said menacingly.

Allan frowned at that "No, this is bullshit" he snarled "Obviously one of our wolf is wrong about this"

Aidan frowned as he straightened "What are you saying? That has never happened before"

          "Doesn't mean it's impossible" Allan replied as he wiped the blood off his cheek.

          "How do we figure out which one is mistaken...If it's a mistake??" Aidan asked.

          "We don't...We let her decide"

She was a nervous wreck. 

She kept glancing at the door every chance she got and as the place had yet to fill up that was a lot. It was after nine and Allan still hadn't shown up yet, and she was beginning to wonder if he hadn't just been yanking her chains. She was such a dolt.

          "You okay Julie?" asked Bill.

She was in the kitchen waiting for her order. Bill, the cook, stood at the grill flipping burgers. He always reminded her of Santa Claus with his snowy white hair big build and extended midsection, the only thing he was missing was the snowy white beard.

Julie smiled "I'm fine...I was just... ahh expecting someone"

His brows shot up at that. "Really? Is it a boy or a girl?" he asked in disbelief.

Julie rolled her eyes. "It's a guy. You make it sounds like no one ever comes by to see me"

He snorted "Well some do, but those mainly consist of your friends"

She glared playfully at him "Maybe it's time for a change, don't you think?"

Bill grunted non- committally as he finished her order and slid the tray over to her.