Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

He couldn’t stop staring at her as she pulled him along the outside of the building. Her hand was warm in his as she clung to him.

After finally getting Aidan to calm enough to agree to his wayward plan, he’d wanted to kick himself in the head when he’d realized how late it had become and having to lie to Aidan about where he was going, even though he had a sense that Aidan knew exactly where he was headed.

As kids they had always stuck with each other in everything, even though they would normally fight as was normal with boys, they had stuck together like glue in everything and had never let anything or anyone come between them. Especially after what they’d had to live through at a very young age.

Until now that is, and for that he felt an ache in his chest to know that after Julie chose who she’d want to spend her life with, they’re friendship would never be the same and for that he was most heartbroken.

But looking at Julie as she inhaled deeply of the fresh cool night air her head tilted back to look at the night sky, he couldn’t regret the events that have led them to this point.

She let go of his hand and twirled happily in her ridiculous heels and laughed out loud. He smiled, what he wouldn’t give to have her laughing like that every day of their lives he thought.

She turned to him, her eyes smiling up at him and his heart clenched painfully.

          “I can’t believe you came” she said as she handed him one of the beers.

          “Couldn’t stay away even if I tried” he replied earnestly.

She blushed at that and shook her head. “My car is this way”

          “We’re leaving?” he asked baffled.

She laughed “No I love my job too much, but I figured it’ll be way better if we had somewhere to sit besides these shoes are killing me” she replied as they came up to the parking lot.

He chuckled “Is it part of the ‘uniform’?” he asked as he trailed a hot gaze down her barely their outfit. Her legs in that skirt were killing him, and he kept getting flashes of her belly button every time she turned to him. Was it hot out here or was it just him?

She groaned “Unfortunately it is, if they weren’t so cute I’d cut my feet off”

He laughed at that and she turned to him with a smile. She walked up to a Maybach 57 and his brows shot up in surprised when she hopped up on the trunk of the very expensive automobile.

          “Is your boss hiring? because it seems I really need to switch majors” he said bemused.

She giggled at that and rubbed the car lovingly. “She’s my one and only love” She said with a wistful sigh “My parents got it for me…well sorta”

          “They must love you a whole lot” he replied as he leaned on the car near her hip.

A sad expression came and went on her face. “I like to think so” she replied melancholy. “They died when I was just a baby”

His heart clenched and he wanted to stab himself in the heart. “I’m so sorry” he replied quietly and rested his hand over hers, she squeezed it gratefully and smiled.

          “It’s okay, I was too young to remember either of them anyways” she replied with a sad smile.

          “I lost my mom when I was younger too, I always wondered if things would have been different if she’d been there, I think about all the things I wanted to do with her if she was” he sighed shaking his head “But I had Aidan and my dad who love me like crazy but it’s still there, you know?”