Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Three pairs of eyes followed Julie's swift exit in shocked silence, one pair of those eyes couldn't help but admire the way here hips swayed and how well her jeans hugged her derriere as she walked.

Devin was the first to recover from his shocked paralysis.

          "I'm really sorry about that guys, she normally isn't like that at all...mostly" he stated that tidbit of information to the twins who continued to stare after his best friend until she turned out of sight in the direction of the arts building where her class was being held.

The twins- Allan and Aidan- turned to him with a curious look. They really were distractingly beautiful, Devin thought as he peered into their deep blue eyes.  No wonder Julie had spazzed, these two males would make any woman-or man- lose their minds just by looking at them.

          "How well do you know her?" Allan asked his eyes narrowing at him.

He held his hands up "We are just friends, trust me she is not my type" he exclaimed defensively.

Aidan snorted in disbelief "That is an impossibility, you'd have to be blind, dead or dying not to be attracted to her" he stated, Allan nodded in agreement.

Devin shrugged "Or gay... which I am"

They would have been less shocked if he'd pulled out a butcher knife and taser and said he was a goddamn slayer. Aidan blinked at him, while Allan mouth fell open.

          "Yeah I get that a lot" Devin said nonchalantly

          "Sorry" Allan muttered, knowing they were being rude.

Devin nodded "It's okay but listen, you guys seems nice and I think Julie likes you so I'm gonna do something that'll probably make her hate me forever" he said as he took out a pen and tore a paper out of his book, he wrote down Julies' cell number. Taking a deep breath he handed it to the one closest to him.

          "Don't make me regret it or I'll kick both your asses" he said vehemently.

Allan shook his head, clutching the paper reverently in his big palms giving Devin a grateful look. "You won't regret it I promise"

Aidan nodded in agreement snatching the paper out of his brother's hand; he gave Devin a respectful look. "I will protect her with my life and do everything in my power to make her happy"

Devin's brows rose at that absurd statement "Hmmhmm" he muttered as he started away from them. He took a few steps away from them before he remembered something he thought they might need to know.

Turning back to them he found Aidan with his back to his brother arms elevated as he hurriedly copied the number on the paper to his phone before his brother could get around him and take the precious paper.

          "Uh...guys?" he called to get their attention, they turned to him and he sighed walking towards them.

 "Just thought you might want to know...Julies' been a bit 'fragile' for a while due to a stupid rumor that's been circling... not to mention it brought up some nasty memories from her childhood" he explained quietly indicating behind them with a nod of his head.

They both turned to look behind them to see a few students quickly turning away as if they hadn't been eavesdropping. Aidan glared fiercely at the back of their heads while Allan stared stonily at them, disgust boiling in his stomach.