Chapter 3 : You're supposed to tell me that this wont work out

I stand on the side of the elevator, gripping my hands tightly onto the railing. I'm glad I'm the only person in here right now.

How do I really feel about Jc?

I obviously don't love Jc. At least not in a gushy way. But do I like him in that way?

No I couldn't. He's just my best friend. Yeah my best friend.

I loosen the grip on the elevator railing and throw my head into my hands.

"You know you like Him more then a best friend, Jennifer." I whisper to myself.

It's not like I can ever do anything about it. He's with Lia, I'm just Jenn, he's Jc.

It would never work. Well, maybe it would.

I just need someone to talk some sense into me. Someone needs to tell me things wouldn't work. It would end in tragedy, that it would destroy our friendship and maybe other friendships.

I need to know this would never work.

Of course I'll never truly know if it would work out or not. I mean if we never try at a relationship I could I know if this would work out or not?

I turn around to face the elevator wall and let my forehand rest against the coldness.

The elevator makes a bing noise and the sliding doors open. I take my forehead off the wall and walk through the elevator doors.

I trudge through the hall until I've reached my apartment. I pull out my Silver key , jam it in the keyhole and twist. I push my door open slowly.

Once the main room comes into view, I notice my couch first. The couch just looks so inviting. I run through my apartment and jump onto the couch.

I look back at my open apartment door and sigh. I'm to lazy to go and close it. My head falls back into the couch.

Unreal timing is my best friend, I realize as Andrea walks in through the open door.

"Jennifer Mcallister, what is the meaning of this?" I hear Andreas voice say. I groan in response. "speak to me, roomie" she she commands.

I sit up "My life sucks." I explain, and fall back into the cushions of the couch.

"Tell all, Jenn, tell all." I hear Andrea say as she nears the couch. Next thing I know I feel my legs sink into the couch as Andrea sits next to them.

Just as she told me to, I tell all. I tell her about the dreams, and Jc, and every other detail I could think of. She listens carefully to every word, every sentence, and every detail.

I'm so grateful to have someone as amazing as Andrea in my life.

Once I've told her every last detail, she looks at me and responds "Jenn, if it's meant to happen, it'll happen."

"No no no," I say to quickly "your supposed to tell me that this won't work out" I sigh out.

"Jenn, I can't tell you that because I think the two of you could actually have something." Andrea says with softness In her voice.

***

My finger glides across my phones screen as I check my Instagram feed.

I zoom past most of the pictures untill I see Jcs account fly by my fingers. I scroll back up the page to view his picture.

I sigh as I look at it. Of course it's Jc and Lia.

They look so adorable, Jc with is arms wrapped around Lia lovingly. Lia smiling happily.

Maybe I should try to block him out of my life. I click on his user name, which brings me to his profile.

It's funny how what I'm about to do is bothering me so much. It feels so little kid like but I need get this away from me. I take a deep breath.

I push my finger on the unfollow button, and repeat the steps on my twitter.

I should delete his number, but that would feel wrong. I decide on keeping the number in my contacts, but only for YouTube purposes.

This is what I need to do, to feel better.