Chapter 20: an opportunity to escape the truth.

A/N THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED YET READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

*^*^*^*^*

It's time, Jenn. You know you don't love him. I've always known. I was and am dating jake for the wrong reason.

It was always a distraction from me thinking Jc would never like me. That's all it was to me. An opportunity to escape the truth, but I don't need to do that anymore. I know Jc actually likes me. He likes me!

I honestly still haven't come terms with it. He likes me and I had no idea. He mother friken likes me. Jc caylen, likes me Jenn. It amazes me.

It doesn't seem real.

Though I know it's real, it's real and these intense feelings haven't been felt by just me. That feelings of my heart rate speeding up, the tingling I feel when he touches me, those feelings, they're real. They're real. I can't believe that they're real.

All of that feeling I why it's time for me to break up with jake. I want to and need to. I can't go on dating jake if I know Jc and I might actually have a chance.

Wow, I'm being positive for once. That my friends is crazy. Jenn being positive? Crazy. I tear my eyes away from my black combat boots and look at the numbers on the apartment door.336. The numbers are look as if they're made of gold but this trashy complex wouldn't even get real metal numbers, so it's probably plastic.

I lift my finger up and trace the golden colored number. Yep, they feel like plastic. Like I said, this is a trashy complex. Of course that is expected. This complex is in the ghettos of LA.

Jake lived in a very cheap, trashy, very ghetto apartment complex. Though, he was easily able to make the inside seem nice and even a little high class.

I remember him telling me about how he had gotten permission to fix it up so it looked nicer. I mean, the owner of his apartment didn't honestly give two craps about what he did. The owner doesn't care about how anything looks as long as he's getting money.

Back to the story though, he told me everything about how he fixed it. He painted over the nasty puke-green color and made it the whitest white they're could be. Then, he had ripped out the supposedly white carpet with dirt stains every inch of the carpet and put in a really pretty light hardwood flooring. In the kitchen he added a modern black and white checkered back splash. After all of the renovations in the kitchen in bathroom he had put in really nice and modern furniture and accent pieces, making a deceivingly amazing apartment.

I say deceiving because it's the only nice apartment in the whole complex, unsurprisingly.

"Jenn are you ready?" Andreas voice cuts into my thoughts. I move

My gaze from the door to her face. I nod.

"I think so." I tell Andrea.

"Your ready." She tells me with a serious tone. "And if your not ready I'll kill you. I need my otp together, Jennifer." He serious tone try's to fool me. I know she's kidding. I remove my hand from the numbers are the door and hit her shoulder.

"Oops." I tell her letting the slightest smile creep onto my face.

"Oops." Andrea mimics me with a high pitched little kid voice. "Knock on the door, already! We have been standing here for ten minutes." She adds pointing to her wrist.

"Yeah, yeah." I reply. I lift my hand up and bang on the door above the plastic numbers four times.

I hear jakes voice mumbling words with panic, but I can comprehend what he's saying. I look over at Andrea. "What the hell is he saying on the other side of that door?" I ask.