~ Chapter 17 ~

"Um, what?" I stutter.

Dad's smile grows, "I've been making a few phone calls and both Coach Nicole and Mr. Harding agree that the cheer team isn't as good as it can be. Nicole has never had cheer experience. Everything she knows she learned from interning under previous coach or she taught herself from youtube. The job was thrusted upon her last year when the previous coach left without notice in the middle of the year. They both agree that you could bring the cheer team to what it's capable of."

"Joseph, are you serious?" Mom asks, her voice hinting at excitement.

"Would I really joke about something like this?" Dad asks.

"No but its just — wow. Liberty, what do you think?

They both turn to me but I continue to stare, my mind reeling and trying to process this information.

"Liberty?" Dad calls out.

The fact that he uses my real name makes me look at him. "Yes?"

"What do you think? Would you like to co-coach the cheer team?" Dad asks.

"This is such a big opportunity, sweetie." Mom adds.

I absentmindedly nod, "But why me?" I look at Dad, confusion written all over my face.

He sighs, "Let's be honest Princess, you are the best on the team. We know you aren't happy on the team because you could do so much better. If you truly believe that, then make the team a team you want to be on. Maybe they wont become as good as Dobbs was or maybe, they may be even better."

I give him a skeptical look.

"Don't judge before you've even seen what they can do. They haven't been pushed to their potential yet." Mom speaks up.

"And we all believe you are the one to do it." Dad adds with a smile.

I nod, thinking this over.

They have a point. I can make the team better and with the stunt classes, they could be great. They do work hard and put their heart into it.

I look up at my parents with determination in my eyes, "Let's do this."

Mom squeals and Dad smiles widely.

I smile with them and then gasp, "What time is it? I have to go!"

We all glance at the time and I mentally curse, "I really need to go! Do I need to talk to Coach or Mr. Harding?" I ask Dad as I grab my bags.

"Dont leave yet!" Mom calls out as she rushes to the kitchen.

"No not yet," Dad answers as mom rushes around the kitchen, "I'll be there at lunch and we'll talk to them together."

I nod.

"Here. There's a cinnamon bagel, cream cheese and an apple." Mom hands me a bag.

"Thanks Mom!" I smile. "See you later!" I throw over my shoulder as I run out to my car.

Going as fast as I can, I arrive at school in record time.

Finding a spot was hard but soon, I find one that surprisingly isn't too far. I squeeze my car into the spot and glance at the clock. I have ten minutes to get to class.

Grabbing my bags, I bolt out of my car and towards the school.

A wolf whistle rings out through the parking lot. I roll my eyes and climb the steps.

Walking through the door, my phone chimes with a new message. I glance down at my phone.

Cash: Where are you? Rhett is looking for you.