Miya

• Dedicated to Alberta Snowden

(Picture of Miya to the side)

People don't think I can hear them talking about me . I hear every word they say . I hold all my tears in for when I make it home . They don't know how much words hurt untill there on the other side of them . I'm always criticized by the way I dress . Has any one ever thought that maybe I can't afford any new clothes ? That maybe no one loves me enough to buy me some or that I don't even have some one to buy me some ? I used to be in Foster care but I ran away because one of my foster parents was molesting me . Every night she'd grab her beer and yell for me to come to her room . Every time I would reluctantly walk in an just try and stare in to space and hope the same scene wouldn't happen . It never failed she always say take your clothes of and lie down on the bed . She would force her tongue inside my mouth and make me kiss her while she invaded me on the inside . She used the same dildo every time . The whole time she would rape me I would just picture the thing I love the most and that made me the happiest my mother . I could hear telling me not to give up and that god would help me through hard times . One day I just waited for my step mom to leave and get her beer and I just ran and never came back . I was homeless for a month before my step mom bothered to report me missing. I went to school every day because I know that's my only way out . Since I'm about to turn 18 they just made me stay in a group home . The group home not that clean but hey it's a house and I get all my medicine and some what counseling for my Bipolar disorder . I still have no one to help me buy clothes so I'm forced to get talked about. The only person who can mange to see past that is Indigo . She doesn't know it but she really helps me keep going . I've thought about killing my self so many times but ,every time she would always gives me uplifting words at school . She's like the only family I have , I'll fight for her . I just hate she's friends with Nadia that bitch is gone do her dirty one day . I keep trying to tell her but she won't listen to me . She just keeps trying to be there for her when we both know the girl is no good .