JB: Still You Pt. 2/2 (Author Oneshot)

y/n's POV:

My back hit the wall as I tried to walk away from him. There was nobody else in the hallway right now, and surprisingly his secretary wasn't watching over his every move as usual.

"I haven't forgotten about you, y/n. I think you know that already." Although his expression seemed tough, his eyes seemed so distant and sad. I glanced at the ground to keep myself from looking into his eyes one more time. His hand rested against the wall behind me.

"What do you want, Jaebum?" I asked, still looking down. My heart was beating so fast and so hard that I was worried he could hear it. I heard him scoff a little to the side.

"I obviously want to know why we broke up. You never returned my calls, you never answered." I felt my heart sink a little at his words but at the same time, I didn't know why he was blaming me. "You just left me, and then you suddenly change your number."

"Well, you got a new girlfriend." Courage suddenly rose up in me as I stared back into his eyes. My vision was already beginning to become blurry from the tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I didn't know why I felt like I was about to cry. I didn't know if it was because I brought up our past or because I was being wrongfully accused.

"I never got a new girlfriend. Why would I ever do that when you're the one who holds my heart, y/n?" His tough expression softened as he stared down at me.

"I... I can't do this right now, Jaebum. It hurts to even bring it up." I tried to move out of his arms, but he just pushed his body closer to mine, trapping me.

"Then how can I make it better? Please, just explain."

"Not now... there's so much going on in my head..."

Does he still have feelings for me? Do I still feel something for him? Is he lying or telling truth? I don't know what to do... I don't know what to say. My head hurts, I can feel my knees becoming shaky. Did he really not cheat on me?

I close my eyes to try and clear up my dizziness then shakily push him away gently. I didn't dare look into his eyes, knowing that they would captivate me again and cause me to fall into his arms again—I admit that I do miss how warm his hugs were and how reassuring his presence was. But I didn't want to run back to him, I don't deserve him.

I broke up with him one-sidedly and without explanation years ago. Now he's a big shot and I'm just one of his employees, we're in two different worlds.

"Mr. Im," I began, ignoring his flinch and obvious hurt expression, "I apologize for my rudeness, but I have work I need to get back to." I said finally before turning on my heel and down the hallway opposite his direction, forgetting all about the drink Yugyeom told me to fetch.
~
"Where's my iced tea?!" Yugyeom whined not looking up from his laptop but responding as soon as he heard someone shuffling around in the cubicle near him.

"In the vending machine, where it's waiting for you to go get it." Immediately assessing the situation, Yugyeom rolled his chair over to my cubicle to check on me. I had been gnawing on the lower half of my lip to hold back my tears, he looked at me sympathetically before engulfing me into a hug.

"What happened? Did you not have enough money?" Yugyeom joked to try and lighten the mood. The gesture made me snort a little but I shook my head and wiped away the potential tears with my sleeve.

"I just had an encounter with the CEO." I said. His eyes widened as he drew his face closed to mine.

"Your ex? What happened? What'd he say to you?" He whispered in a rushed manner.

"Nothing really it's just, arrgghhh! I don't know what's going on in his head!" I bury my face into my hands and Yugyeom wraps his arm around me sympathetically. He doesn't say anything or asks anything more, his presence was just comforting.