YUGYEOM: Little White Lie (Author Oneshot)

I decided to do a oneshot since I haven't in a long time; so I made this one pretty lengthy.

And for the meantime, the requests will be temporarily closed until the title says that it is open. (It's only closed right now since I'm currently working on a BTS story so stay tuned for that)

I am also adding a disclaimer to every oneshot chapter, because apparently there are those who don't know what "y/n" means; well... my friend didn't know what it meant, so every chapter I'll just add that "y/n means 'Your Name'" from now on.

y/n's POV:

Being the "new girl"sucks. Especially if you have to transfer in the middle of the school year. Even if you just walk into the classroom, it seems as though all the eyes are on you and everyone is probably thinking "Ew, who's that?"

What's worse, is when lunch time comes and you have no idea where to sit or where to go since you don't have any friends.

I always dread being "that" girl. The girl with a different uniform on and no friends. My parents jobs cause us to move around the country a lot. Which causes me to change schools a lot. It seems as though every year, it's a different school.

Too much hassle, too much work.

Considering we rarely ever settle in one place, I don't really see the point in creating friends. Although lunch does get lonely without someone there to talk to you, I don't need to create pointless relationships when I'm eventually going to have to leave them. Getting hurt is not on my bucket list. That doesn't stop me from imagining what it would be like to be surrounded by friends though.

So moving to this new school seems like just another day in the life of me, Lee y/n. Luckily, my uniform was given to me a week prior to my "first day" and my aunt lives around here anyway; family members count as friends. Maybe they won't notice that I'm new, maybe they won't stare at me sympathetically, maybe I'll just be invisible.

I stood in front of my new homeroom, for what seemed like a million years just taking deep breaths to calm myself. Fortunately, I arrived here early so that I could just sit and contemplate how boring school is going to be. Finally, I turned the handle of the door slowly and peeked my head inside.

The teacher looked up from her papers and smiled at me warmly. She motioned for me to come in as she took of her glasses and set down her papers.

"You're the new student right? Welcome to JYP High, I'm glad to have you in my class. You'll have that seat that's in the back corner on your right—is that okay with you?" I nodded my head shyly and made my over to the back of the classroom. Of course this seat was okay with me, in fact it was perfect! I won't really look out of place this time.

Maybe this time, I can go unseen.

~ Time Lapse // 3 Weeks Later

"Is she Lee y/n? She's so weird, she never talks to anyone."

"Yeah, she's gorgeous. But she's so hard to approach."

"I also heard that she's a slut. She steals people's boyfriends like it's nothing. It's true that all beautiful people have rotten personalities."

The students here aren't nice. Or maybe I'm just not making an effort to befriend them. Either way, there are many false rumors about me and I don't even talk to anyone. Never have I stolen a girl's boyfriend. Heck I've never even had a crush before, let alone a boyfriend?

Of course their comments bothered me, but I just chose to ignore it and continue on with studying here until my parents told me that we were going to move yet again. As much as I wanted to just skip school and stay in bed all day, I knew that probably wasn't going to last long.