The 3rd Hour

The 3rd Hour

I just remembered the accused look that registered on Damien's face as I confronted him. The red bandannas laughed it off and impatiently dragged me into one of the rooms of the brothel. I gulped. After I was thrown in I heard them argue about who would be first to nail me. It made me sick in the stomach but I forced down vomit. Not yet. Definitely not yet.

I searched the room for a weapon but it was swept clean. There was just a rustic bed with dirty bedsheets, an abandoned wardrobe that held nothing but coat hangers and the foul smell that lingered in the air. It was poignant and made me wrinkle my nose a lot.

Shit.

What am I going to do? I swallowed hard. I can't die like this. No, any other way than this. I refused to let myself fall under the mercy of a brutal man.

But before I had time to let my nerves get the best of me. The door swung open.

"There's a huge line up, shorty. But I'm not interested in making this quick," it was the guy with the gold plated teeth. The one who have me the disgusting nickname. I honestly was prepared to vomit on him as he removed his shirt to reveal gun tattoos and bullet scars. Even his dark skin could not conceal the worst. He's obviously had thorough experience with the Purge. "Don't look nervous, shorty. I'll be kind." He sneered as he started to take off his pants.

As he did I noticed he carried two guns in his belt, and a silver blade was also glinting at me. Whem he disarmed himself, I had an idea.

"Oh you're going to regret that." I played along, removing my shirt. He licked his lips when I exposed my bra, his eyes scanning my chest area like a hawk. I did my best not to claw his eyes out.

"I have to say, shorty. I like what I see."

I faked a smile and stripped myself slowly in front of him until I was left in my undergarments. He was in his boxers, standing there, mouth-watering at the sight of my bare skin. I gestured for him to come closer and as if under a spell he approached, eagerly. I let him grope my body and kiss my neck until I knew he let his guard down.

"Oh I wished I found you sooner, shorty." He mumbled.

As he came up to kiss my lips, I stopped him and whispered in his ear.

"Be careful what you wish for."

I hit him hard in the temple, and kneed him in the balls before snatching the bandana and wrapping it around his neck. I made sure to quickly tie a knot and strangle him as tightly as I could. He struggled desperately for air but managed to throw me off and punch me in the face.

The world blinded me for a moment and I fell, disoriented on the floor.

But I had to persevere. I can't die this way. Hell no. When I got to my feet, he had successfully loosened the bandana, and marched towards me with deadly eyes.

"Fucking bitch! You want to die!"

He punched me in the jaw this time, it was too fast for me to deflect and I stumbled to the ground, tasting blood as well as feeling the swelling sensation take place on the right part of my face.

Again, I got up, holding my bruised face and fought back. I grabbed him by the neck and dug my fingernails into his flesh. He cursed aloud before knocking me into the wall which toppled over the wardrobe.

"Oi! Quiet down in there! Don't kill her. I ain't fucking no dead chick after you!" The gangers yelled from outside, banging on the door.

He was distracted for a bit, probably about to call for assistance but I bit his arms to release myself from his grasp before kicking him square in the chest. Just like dad taught me.