Chapter 1

AUDREY'S POV

"Audrey I can't believe that you and I are going to be juniors this year!" My bestfriend Natalie exclaimed.

"Yeah, it's going to be really fun!" I said trying to smile. But the truth is, I wasn't looking forwad to junior year in highschool. I just want to quit school and go do something else, because I only have one friend. Don't get me wrong, Natalie is a great friend, but she is really popular and has lots of other friends. I am just a small part of her life.

"It's so sad that you and I don't have any classes together though." Natalie said not looking sad at all.

"Yeah, but maybe I'll make some new friends." I said trying to sound positive.

"Are you and I going to still be friends?" She asked me.

"Why wouldn't we?" I was surprised because that's not really a question you ask.

"Well we have no classes together, and I play a lot of sports, so I would never have time to hangout." She said looking at me awkwardly.

"Oh, is this your way of say that we aren't friends?" I asked a little hurt.

"No, I am not saying we aren't friends, but we just won't ever talk or see each other so..." She responded.

"I get it, it's fine Natalie. You don't have to worry about me." I said glumly.

"Great! Well I have to get going, bye Audrey." She said happily.

Perfect, I just lost my one and only friend. I plopped down on my bed and started to cry into my pillow. How is it possible to have 765 facebook friends like me, but not have a single real friend? I thought to myself. 

That's when I got the idea. I ran to my laptop and logged onto facebook. I then went to the little "search for people, places, and things" spot and typed in a random first name "Mark" and hit search. All of the Marks that I know appeared on my screen. I decided to narrow my search down by typing in the most common Brittish last name, "Jones". 

Sure enough, there were tons of Mark Jones. I wanted to narro wmy search even more, so I typed in my hometown London. Now there was only one. Perfect, I thought. I will now send this guy a message, and request being his friend. This isn't creepy, right? I thought laughing a little.

I prepared my message like this,

"Hey there, my name is Audrey, as you already know. I am going to be a junior in highschool this year and I have absolutely no friends. I decided to type in a totally random name and try to make a friend. So you're the name that I decided with. I hope that you respond, maybe we could be like umm penpals? I don't know, I just want a friend..."

Without thinking, I decided to click send. Within 2 minutes I had a response. It said,

"Hello Audrey! I am a little bit older than you, but not much. I am 19. I have a problem similar to yours but not the same. Bottom line, I would love to be friends."

I was automatically excited. I mean what are the odds of that happening? I decided to reply,

"That's great that you want to be friends! But if you don't mind my asking, whats your problem that leads you to need/want a friend?

His response took a little bit more time, but I still got one. It read,

"I have very many friends, but I am not sure how many actually like me, for me."

After that, the messages between the two of us went very quickly...

"Then tell me about yourself Mark?"

"Okay lets see, I am 19 which you already know, and I have four bestfriends that I know love me to death but other than that I am not sure about my "friends". I also love to sing, and my favorite color is purple. Oh and I can't live without hairwax, my favorite song is happy birthday, and I love toy story. But the biggest thing you should know about me, is that I really like one direction. I am not gay, but I like there music and stuff. My favorite is Liam."

"You sound really nice! And I love one direction too! My favorite is Liam because he seems so polite and honest. I would really like to see them in concert sometime..."

"I have tickets for there next concert, if you would like one?"

"I wouldn't want to take that because I hardly know you. Therefore, I would feel like I am using you for tickets. Which I am most certainly not! You seem like the kind of a guy I want to be close with."

"Take them, I insist."

"How will I receive them though?"

"Go to the concert stadium tomorrow at 7 am. I will be behind the stadium near the tour bus. Maybe we will get to meet them!!"

"That would be amazing! Thank you so much Mark."

"See you tomorrow!"

His last message didn't really need a response so I decided to log off and start planning my outfit for tomorrow. 

After an hour of digging through my closet, I decided on black leggings with a purple sweater that fell off of my shoulder. I layed the clothes outside the shower so tomorrow morning I could change into them right after my shower. 

I then changed into some girl boxers and a black tanktop, and fell asleep.